Equipments for Hook up networking

Closed
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - May 19, 2014 at 03:29 PM
 Blocked Profile - May 19, 2014 at 07:06 PM
Hello,

I am very new about Computer networking, i have two main questions regarding what should we do if i want to hook up networking at home???

1-Computer hard ware component to hook up network
What should i have?

2-Software
My company is using Windows server 2012 with Exchange server , and all clients have own company e mail account to open with Microsoft outlook.

The question is, if i want to hook up network and study at home about computer networking as what my company has as users company e mail account etc..
What should i do to get it learning at home?

Please forgive me for my questions is not make scenes because i am poor with that.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
May 19, 2014 at 07:06 PM
Ok, realize that there is a protocol, and a transport. Two seperate things.

Transport is the network, or transmission of stuff. Protocol is what form of data exchange?

Different protocols can take different requirements for transport. So in other words, standard IP traffic on your LAN , may need to be converted to another PROTOCOL before getting onto the next leg of the network.

YOU are dealing with: EVERYTHING BUT NETWORKING standards. If you DO NOT UNDERSTAND NETWORKING, YOUR EXCHANGE SERVER DEPLOYMENT is WAY above your scope of work!