Pen drive not detecting.shows device not successfully installed

Closed
rahulmm7 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday April 16, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 16, 2014 - Apr 16, 2014 at 03:20 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Apr 17, 2014 at 08:40 PM
when I connect one of d pendrive to my desktop it didnt show anything on my computer...and also it shows 'device driver was not succesfully installed'..i just go to device manager and right clicked on USB and done 'scan for hardware changes'..then also it shows the same message 'device driver was not succesfully installed'..wht to do ? can any one suggest a solution plss??
i had also went through the following
After plugging the pendrive in the device, go to device manager (In run type "devmgmt.msc") In Device manager go to "Universal serial bus controllers" It should list the storage devices that you have connected to PC. Right click and then click "Uninstall. Remove the pendrive and restart system.

It also didnt work
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Apr 17, 2014 at 08:40 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) Click on Start --> In search box, type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

"Device Manager" will be opened.

If you noticed any yellow mark then right-click on it and select uninstall.

Now remove you pen drive and after a while connect it.

2) If the problem still exists then remove the pen drive.

Turn OFF your PC --> Remove the power cord from back of the CPU --> Open the

CPU cabinet --> Look for CMOS battery.

Click on the below hyperlink "CMOS Battery" if you don't have any idea about the

CMOS battery

CMOS Battery

Now remove the CMOS battery --> Wait for 15 minutes --> After 15

minutes, place the CMOS battery back -- > Connect your power cord --> Switch

ON your PC. Now try connecting your pen drive.

Good Luck