Hard drive suddenly not appearing on anything?!

Closed
Elusiva Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 13, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2014 - Apr 13, 2014 at 03:17 AM
Elusiva Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 13, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2014 - Apr 13, 2014 at 03:23 AM
Hello, I realise this is a commonly asked question, and I apologise for adding it to the large 'hard drive not showing up' collection, but after going through many different forums and threads seemingly covering the same problem, I still have gotten no results.

Moving on, my issue is a TB large Seagate (of course right?) hard drive that up until recently had worked perfectly (on many different pcs and tvs), however a few weeks ago, it started playing up and only working after a couple reinsertion attempts, and now it is at the point where it just isn't showing up on anything period (or on the computer at all).

Taking into consideration that it worked fine previously, and would previous work after cord fiddling, I strongly believe it may be an external problem. That being said, if it is at all possible that it is not an external problem, I'd like to try and manually fix it.

I am using Windows 7, and have attempted most methods of fixing this crap, but I'm desperate. Any idea?

Thanks guys.

Related:

1 response

Elusiva Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 13, 2014 Status Member Last seen April 13, 2014
Apr 13, 2014 at 03:23 AM
Possibly helpful info:

-I have tried using a powered usb hub
-I have tried using a different usb cord and port
-every now and then the pc will recognise connection and begin to install HD only to fail (can't remember what it said the first time, the second time was because 'Bluetooth Peripheral' didn't have a drive)
-like previously mentioned, the hd doesn't appear AT ALL on pc, not even in devmgnt
- hd light comes on when connected, sometimes pc makes recognition noises

I've attempted lots of other things but I'm totally willing to try again if you think it'll help