Computer begin to slow and always error with some program

Closed
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - Apr 3, 2014 at 04:31 PM
2011N2 Posts 13352 Registration date Saturday January 29, 2011 Status Security contributor Last seen December 24, 2016 - Apr 4, 2014 at 03:50 AM
Dear All,
Could you let me know what is the file "rundll32.dll" ?
I saw this file running twice in process manager so what happens? and I can't kill it out.

-Can you let me know that, How to know Virus attack on our system? because my computer begin to slow and always error with some program that i running!
Please help me with this.
Thanks
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Apr 3, 2014 at 05:10 PM
What is rundll32.exe?
Rundll32.exe is a process that allows dynamic link libraries (DLLs) to be executed. Many system DLLs contain entry points for external use. These include the control panel, as well as Shell32.dll, which allows you to bring up windows such as the "Open with..." dialog.

This process is a system process that is essential to the system's proper operation. Despite this, it is generally safe to kill a misbehaved rundll32.exe, as it will only terminate the program that is executing as a DLL. Removing the executable altogether, however, will render your system unable to execute DLLs and thus render significant parts of the system unusable.

Dangers of rundll32
As this is a critical system process that runs on every Windows machine, it is common for virus writers and spyware vendors to disguise their malware as the genuine one.

The average user is not capable of detecting a Virus. It's something best left to specialized programs. The free version of MalwareBytes does a good job of finding malware.
2011N2 Posts 13352 Registration date Saturday January 29, 2011 Status Security contributor Last seen December 24, 2016 39
Apr 4, 2014 at 03:50 AM
Hello,

xpcman eplained you what is rundll32. :)

To help you and prescribe the remedy, I must make a diagnostic and to do so, I require a log.

1. Open this link and download ZHPDiag2 :

https://www.zebulon.fr/telechargements/securite/systeme/zhpdiag.html

(Don't be alarmed is the site is in French, it sometimes happens, the tool will take your system language and allow the download if you get a warning message.)

2. Save the file on your Desktop.

3. Double click on ZHPDiag.exe and follow the installation instructions.

(For Vista and Win 7 users, click right to ensure you execute with admin right)

The tool creates three icons ZHPDiag, MRB, and ZHPFix (If necessary,we will use ZHPFix after log analysis).

4. Double click on the short cut ZHPDiag on your Destktop.

5. If you need to change the language, click on the little house, (bottom right) and change to English

6. Click on Full.

Wait for the tool to finished (maybe a long time)

7. Close ZHPDiag.

8. To transmit the report, click on this link :

https://authentification.site

9. Search the directory where you installed ZHPDiag (usually C:\desktop\zhpdiag.txt).

10. Select the file ZHPDiag.txt.

11. Click on "upload »

12. Copy the URL and post it here.

Gabriel.