Lost control of my curser on the Toshiba laptop

Solved/Closed
jdchallinor Posts 3 Registration date Friday March 28, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 30, 2014 - Mar 28, 2014 at 11:00 PM
 jdchallinor - Apr 1, 2014 at 11:08 PM
I've lost control of my curser on the Toshiba laptop. I do not have a mouse. I have tried fn + f9 I also tried f5 alone. I turned off the laptop (by holding down the start key) removed my battery; held the start key for exactly 50 seconds; replace the battery; inserted the power cord and then pressed the s[power key. Nothing has worked. My curser still sits in the middle of my screen until photos start scrolling when it then dissappears. I'm nearly 80 yrs old and I am finding this quite frustrating. Can anybody help please?????
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 31, 2014 at 01:16 PM
Sorry there is no easy fix. What you describe could be a problem with mouse pad button being stuck down. I could also be a hundred other things. This is one of those things best handled by a knowledgeable friend who has "hands on access" to the computer.
thanks spcman - i think thast i will do sthast and jusst visit my local compuster maintanance shop. jdchallinor