Connected to Wifi but cannot browse internet - Infection?

Closed
deeheggs82 Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday March 26, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 26, 2014 - Mar 26, 2014 at 06:53 PM
 manisha - Mar 8, 2015 at 03:47 PM
I have a toshiba laptop and I have a wireless device that I use in order to get internet connection. I tried to log onto it lastnight and I noticed under the network and connections it shows that I can connect to my wireless device but there is not internet connection. when I try to connect to any internet site it reads this page cannot be displayed because of internet connection. I need to fix this problem quick. I tried to trouble shoot and it seems like there may be some sort of virus on it. I know that I can download virus protector or some sort of spy ware but it will not let me connect to the internet at all. Please help me out on this. I am not trying to go and spend an arm and a leg with geek squad!!

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Mar 28, 2014 at 01:31 AM
Can you do a system restore to a date before the problem started?

This often is the best fix.
Hi .. I had similar issue .. my wifi with tethering showed Internet connected but was not able to browse. The same happened with my usb dongle also .. Just now it got resolved .. so thought of sharing .. I un installed my wifi driver from device manager and rebooted thpicc. Once re started it automatically installed the driver and now I am able to get the connection ... :) hope this helps ..