Help Please!!! No Sound from Speakers or Headphones

Closed
Xirtia Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday February 26, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 8, 2014 - Feb 26, 2014 at 11:25 PM
 Blocked Profile - Mar 8, 2014 at 07:21 PM
Well Its rather irritating. My laptop is an Packard Bell Easynote TJ56 with Windows 7 premium Operating system and 3 days prior to this post I had a power outage. After the power cut my laptop resumed windows only to find that there was no sound coming from the speakers or Headphones!!!

However i did notice that the headphone jack has a red light shining in it, I googled this abnormality and it was said to be Optical Blah Blah Blah. I didn't understand what that was so I took no notice to it, however when i plug in my headphones they don't even get recognized as anything! I asked my brother As he is a programmer i thought he could help but to no avail. It is really stressful as none of the recommendations are not working at all!!!!

I've updated drivers, run troubleshoot many times and restarted and forced my laptop to shut down and STILL its not working. I have been tempted on numerous occasions to throw my laptop at the wall!

Please if anyone can tell me what i need to do PLEASE PLEASE help me.. I need my audio back urgently, I'm starting to lose hope.

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Feb 27, 2014 at 05:05 PM
If, it stopped working after a power failure, then physical problems may have occured, like undervoltage, or over voltage, or spikes, or browns........

If the hardware "recognizes" the jack is bad with a light, it is doing its job, like detecting a short, or something. If you havenot the confidence to take it apart and look for melted stuff, the take it to local repair tech.
Xirtia Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday February 26, 2014 Status Member Last seen March 8, 2014 1
Mar 8, 2014 at 07:15 PM
I have taken it apart and nothing has melted. The actual circuit board where the jack is connected is not broken just dirty. After my brother replaced it, it was still red but now flashing. Honestly its making me mad and i just want my sound back T_T I miss watching my Anime Q_Q!!!
Blocked Profile
Mar 8, 2014 at 07:21 PM
Hello,

if you have a hardware problem may i suggest you purchase a USB audio adapter.

they're very cheap and will restore your sound :)