No sound on TV when hooked up to HP laptop running Windows 7

Closed
peterbuilt Posts 1 Registration date Thursday February 20, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2014 - Feb 20, 2014 at 07:14 PM
 stryder - Feb 21, 2014 at 12:13 AM
I've read your forum on hooking up the HDMI to a TV but still no luck. It used to work fine and now, nothing. I did right click the sound icon and went to the playback devices. There are two listed; Speakers and Dual headphones which is my default; and Independent dual headphones. There is no HDMI or Digital output device. I've tried turning TV on and then plugging into laptop's HDMI. Turned off TV and turned back on. No 'handshaking' going on to correct this. Anybody have any ideas please??
Related:

1 response

YEAH! I found the solution:
Right click your sound icon at bottom of desktop,
open up the playback devices
go to whatever devices are listed and right click on one of them, this will show you a box with disabled devices or disconnected devices. Uncheck the disabled or disconnected checks and the other devices will show up which were hidden. Now, right click the HDMI and enable it. Then go to computer speakers and disable them. Now you should have sound on your TV with the HDMI connected.
Enjoy!