I need your help to upgrade my pc

Closed
sardin_159 Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday February 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2009 - Mar 3, 2009 at 01:05 AM
sardin_159 Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday February 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2009 - Mar 3, 2009 at 01:41 AM
Hello,
i have 1 Module of 256 MB of RAM, a 40 GB hard disk drive, and an AGP video adapter card with 32 MB of RAM...how can i upgrade my pc to play games....?i don't know my motherboard type....to play advanced game should i change my motherboard to a new one...?can u help me? i'm noob about the computer...
Related:

2 responses

If I were you I wouldn't sink a single dime into your PC. It's very obsolete and you're due for a full system upgrade. Although you CAN upgrade the video card and RAM I doubt that your motherboard or power supply could handle it - meaning you would most likely have to replace them as well - which is almost a full system upgrade. Plus, any parts that you purchase would be incompatible with any of today's current hardware.
If you're REALLY bent on upgrading what you have I'd suggest finding used parts.

Anthony
brakers Posts 117 Registration date Sunday August 17, 2008 Status Member Last seen November 29, 2009 40
Mar 3, 2009 at 01:38 AM
Hi There ???? I could spend hours typing list of things you could do or might want to do. You could spend loads of cash upgrading your PC or building or buying a new one. The truth is I'm not going to spend ages typing a load of stuff which 90% of it will be a waste of time.
So Generalizing
I don't know how old you Mboard is but if it's AGP then its not very new is it.
The bottom line is if you want to play high end games at their fullest resolution then you will need a high end graphics card PCI Express that supports direct X 10.1 this will to somewhat future proof your system for high end games. "If that at all possible with the event of graphics cards evolving at the speed they do"
If you get one of those then you will need a new Mboard as yours will not have a PCI Express slot.
You will also need a new PSU to supply power to the graphics card or cards, if you have two.
Do you see where I'm going with this, the question you have asked is so wide ranging. Go and look at the game you want to play and see the minimum spec needed to play that game, but do not get a computer with the minimum spec other wise you will not be able to see all the eye candy that the game could show.
You will need a much higher spec than what the minimum is.
I think I've typed enough on this already. If anyone wants to add to it they are welcome.
Kindest Regards Tony B.
sardin_159 Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday February 25, 2009 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2009
Mar 3, 2009 at 01:41 AM
thanks...it was really helpful