Photo in my camera and would like to put it on the laptop

Solved/Closed
wallpaper Posts 1 Registration date Saturday February 15, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 15, 2014 - Feb 15, 2014 at 10:53 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Feb 15, 2014 at 01:40 PM
Hello,
Please can you help me I have just got a lap top so I am completely new and need simple explanations I have taken a photo on my camera and would like to put it on the lap top how do I do this Thank you

sorry probably got the wrong forum but I dont know what they mean so just picked the first one that appealed
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,827
Feb 15, 2014 at 01:40 PM
Many cameras come with a USB cable to connect to a computer. It you have such a cable then you probably also have a CD with programs to help you upload the pictures. If you don't have the software then I suggest you download a copy of Picasa. It's one of the BEST free programs you can get. Just Google "Picasa" for a download location.

If you don't have a cable then perhaps you can remove the memory card and use a USB card reader to transfer photos. Also some laptops come with built-in memory card readers. You might still need Picasa to manage the transfer.

Good Luck