Ask a question Report

Ps3 will not load. [Solved/Closed]

Madat PS3 - Latest answer on Nov 10, 2012 02:13AM
Hello, I have a PS3 that will not load after pushing start button. It seems to freeze while loading settings. Help please! what can I do to correct?
Read more 
Answer
+265
moins plus
Hey Cookie Monster, been racking my brains and surfing the net, finally found the solution as I had the same issue. Try the following:
Step 1 - Turn off the playstation 3 by holding the power button on the front of the unit till the power light is red.
Step 2 - Touch and hold the power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the playstation 3 is powering on.
Continue to hold the power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
Continue to hold the power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (power light is red).
Step 3 - Touch and hold the power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the playstation 3 to power on.
Continue to hold the power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
Continue to hold the power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At this point release the power button. if you succeeded in activating the safe mode, you will see a message on the screen saying 'connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button.'
Step 4 - Perform the safe mode options in the following order until one of the options works for you. If one option works, do not continue onto the other options.
Restore Default Settings
Restore File System
Rebuild Data Base
Restore PS3 System etc...

Goodluck!

Masood1995- May 8, 2011 07:01AM
I did this andthe USB cable came, but my controller won't work cause it's synked to my other ps3... What do I do??
Hayley- May 8, 2011 08:22AM
Hi Thanks for your help, it WORKED!! horraaah calm in the house is restored!!
CarlGhattas33- May 8, 2011 10:33AM
omg thank u soooooo muchh
tokcik- Oct 17, 2012 06:35PM
thanks a lot, it work for my ps3.. terima kasih terima kasih terima kasih
BOBZSTA- Nov 10, 2012 02:13AM
just want to say a big thankyou i've finally sorted it thanks to your advise.
Answer
+15
moins plus
Hold button to turn off ps3 for 10 sec,
Turn on ps3 and hold button untill you hear 3 beeps exactly,
Select Restore file system and restore the ps3.

lexusman- Apr 25, 2010 11:58AM
hey man,thanks for the tip,it works a treat now
cheers
rich
kstarrkidd- Apr 28, 2010 02:18PM
Hey that actually worked!
Thanks man
butche- Apr 28, 2010 04:53PM
Dude, I done as above, but now I won't get farther then (connect the controller using a usb cable, and then press the ps button) when I do that nothing happens? what to do???
Dobey- May 8, 2010 10:37AM
Epic win! 30 second fix to my problem!
n8- Jun 7, 2010 01:13PM
Thanks had do it twice but it worked.
Answer
+11
moins plus
i have the same thing when it starts up all i see is nothing when the start up screen go"s away it dosnt do nothing

Sonic- Apr 29, 2010 03:25PM
All I did was take the game out turn the ps3 off and took out the hard drive then I turn the ps3 on with out the hard drive and it could not locate it then I held the power button down for 10 seconds the I reinserted the hard drive and turn the ps3 bak on and IT WORKED!!!!! But all of my data was lost but I rather start over anyway
Answer
+7
moins plus
My PS3 was working fine, then all of a sudden, it froze while loading MLB 2010 The Show as I was about to play a game against a friend. So I turned it off with the power button, and went to the game. When I clicked the game it froze on a black screen. So I followed Chants > Cookie Monsters instructions, it did the default systems didn't work, then did the file systems, and now it is good. When I started the file systems it said my hard disk was corrupted but it fixed it.

Answer
+6
moins plus
Same thing i cant even turn it off at the front and i have to turn it off at the back then it says it will corrupt my data but that's the only way i could switch it off so i dont know whats going on and when i try and go on one of my accounts BAM waits like 50 minutes to load it up can anyone help me and fix this problem?

snowman-beats- Jun 22, 2010 01:16AM
same exact thing here
Answer
+4
moins plus
Entering Reset/Safe Mode will help with some problems such as a blank screen at startup. Sometimes the sys gets set to HDMI rather than RCA and the reset forces the sys to return to default (Red, Yellow, and White cord).

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER MACHINE - 2008 OR BEFORE USING V2.3 OR EARLIER YOU CANNOT RESET USING THE PRESS AND HOLD METHOD. I SPENT A YEAR TRYING VARIOUS COMBINATIONS ON MY MACHINE WITHOUT ANY SUCCESS. iNSTALLING v2.76 CURED THE PROBLEM INSTANTLY. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME FUTZING ABOUT WITH BUTTON COMBINATIONS FOR HOURS LIKE I DID.

If your BRD isn't working blow it out using a duster with a probe attachment. If it doesn't work, especially after an update, this is a common problem. In a year of reading about this (my BRD is hosed) the solution is getting a new BRD. If you can't do it yourself then a repair shop will usually charge around $100 to fix it. What I've read is the updates increase the number of hits to the BRD and this will overheat the laser buring it out. There is a law suit pending in Florida in regard to v3.0 bricking scads of PS3's. I'm not sure what the current status of the suit is.

if you are considering sending your machine back to Sony and it is not under warranty, Sony charges $150 and they only give a 3 month warranty. if your repaired machines bricks on day 91 you get to pay another $150. Sony is rumored to be using parts pulled from bricks to fix bricks so sending in your brick does not mean you are getting new parts. There is also a chance they will send you a different machine rather than the one you sent in so you might trade a BRD issue for a mobo issue or a CPU/GPU issue or some other flavor of headache. Since you might not get back the machine you sent in you should backup the HD to flash, pull it, or pull it and swap a smaller drive if you have one.

I love the PS2/PS3 but Sony honks hard core.

Here's a link to a blog where you can get some help:

http://blogallalong.com/...

Answer
+2
moins plus
it cuts out half way through the loading music and doesnt load
pls help me
i dont want to reset anthing or tamper or take apart any thing i want a button that says fix and is easy plz tell me/ help me

mattyboi

cod name: mattyfr 5prestige lvl 52
be happy to add me on ps3

ginge74- Jul 9, 2009 02:44PM
this happened 2 mine what u do is keep hold of the power button till you heaar 3 beeps then u should get to the recovery settings, when you try the first option but if that doesnt work try the rest but beaware this mite make you lose all data i think it was the third one i had 2 go with however losing some downloadable content all my game saves were safe. email me bak and if it works add me on ps3
Ginge74 but dont giv ur ps3 2 sony if outtta warenty they charge 150 for what you ar doin
message back
starrian- Aug 3, 2009 12:24AM
how do you reset it?
bob/bob ginge74 - Aug 25, 2009 10:35AM
wen i hold power button it does 1 beep then turns off
whatsupjeff ginge74 - Dec 19, 2009 03:04PM
dude i need big help i am having the same thing over and over again and i cant get on safe mode dont start up either
Answer
+2
moins plus
hi. so i had this problem too. i couldnt see anything when i turned on my PS3, i couldnt hear anything either. i took out he hardrive and reinstalled it, pressed power and it fixed the problem. hope it helps. :)

JerodW- May 1, 2010 11:37AM
Hey Joe I tried your solution a couple times and finally worked the third time....Thanks for your post it really helped....
JerodW- May 1, 2010 11:41AM
Oh and for the record my symptoms were no start up or home screen just a blank screen when turning the ps3 on....Happened occasionaly and usually would correct its self after a few days but yeah hopefully it fixes the issue for good....THANKS AGAIN !!!!!!
invoker148 ps3 name u can add me- May 5, 2010 02:09PM
yo my cod and stuff like that works but some of my ps2 games dont load i got the 80gb and still my fav old ps2 game don work i really dont want to restore my ps3 cause i got like 95% done of spec ops on my ps3 and 98 god dam feathers on assassins creed and i really dont want to start over help me yo
silentkiller3451- Jun 6, 2010 05:12PM
ya jerodW mine did the same thing but now it wont fix its self help what do i do
ThomasJen- Jul 2, 2010 04:10AM
Hey Joe.I tried what you said a couple times too but still i cant fix it!How can i do it?Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Answer
+2
moins plus
keep the ps3 on button tilll it beeps 3 times

Answer
+2
moins plus
hi i have a problem,1st i upgraded my hard drive from 40gb to 320gb.
this is on an australian PAL model CECHH02> that all worked fine, then i decided to install lynux. so i got the lynux cd and i did not format the HDD properly i just went system other system...install...then boot default system...other os...anyways it went into the lynux boot mode at start up; i forget what i did but i did not have the mouse & keyboard connected so i turned it off from power switch and pluged in usb mouse and keyboard...did thw whole install_ps3_1080p install line...then it frooze at the final deregistered initializing usb thing...it didn;t go further so then i kinda cracked the shits and turned it off from power button again,
then when it reloaded it kept going back to the same thing. far out so i thought screw this i am reformatting this hdd...so i poped it back into my PC and formated it (YES AS FAT32) and put it back in...then i go to load system...loads..gives message "connect your controller via usb cable and insert in usb port" or whatever it it says..ok so i do it...presss the PS button...no response...hmm try again...i try reset the machine...on off..hold button down..not down..upside down...you bloody name it..all sorts of techniques.FAR OUT...there goes 20+gigs of downloads of demos + lynux 4 gigs but oh well...now im more worried about the console. i check with the old 40gb hard drive..format it...as fat32..put inside..green light...turns on...again plug in usb cable and pres PS button...nothing farking...ok now im scared..i keep formatting and reformating in all sorts of techniques the hard drives thinking maybe i fuked up the master boot record? then i think ok maybe its the usb cable...try another..same thing..maybe its controller...try another after market fake controller..no luck. then i go ok maybe these controllers are flat...i also checked the usb cable with my motorolla phone usb plug to charge..it charges...so the usb socket MUST have voltage so can't be usb plug...i go down to "GAME" @ Northland - Preston and very nice man lets me charge my controller...charges for half hour (ye kinda shit charge holding) come back home thinking it has to work...i tried all sorts of FAT32 formating..activating hard drive..not activatin partition..only thing i couldnt do is do fdisk/clear master boot record....2 usb cords..2 controllers...resetting...praying to all the gods in the world...has to be not enough charge...so i plug in usb...plug in controller...plug in hard drive...turn on ps3...."plug in controller in with usb cord and press PS button".....so i press it...and i press it...and i am about to go blow up the whole of Sony Australia building at this stage and be tracked down by Australian Federal Police for saying this...but instead i choose to say. PLEASE HELP
email me oen82@yahoo.com.au and if you live in Melbourne Australia and want to help out an unemployed gamer i'll even come to you 24/7 and bring the console

Answer
+2
moins plus
ok. my ps3 doing the same thing. i did go through and restore database, rebuild i tried every option on the menu. but my ps3 still wont read disc. it was working fine until i took the 3.15 update. please help me

dark crow- Dec 19, 2009 02:42PM
i duno bout ur prlem but it wont let me go on my game when i hav my game in the ps3 it cums up as if u havnt got ur game in everythin else is fine..... other games dont work either
dark crow- Dec 19, 2009 02:45PM
i think it mite hav sumet 2 do wif the bluray inside it cos i was playin on highrise game finished ps3 froze cudnt switch off so i had 2 shut it dwn with the switch at the back and thn when i switched it bak on my game didnt woork :( help plz
GARETH_BAXTER- Feb 26, 2010 04:00AM
hi mine will not load my game to the clock thing just keeps spinning i dont no what to do can you help me?? please!!!
dark crow- Dec 19, 2009 02:47PM
searchy 4 when u go ongame if it is sayin please wait loadin or sumet like tht delete ur game data and save data and ur good 2 go atleast tht wat happened wif mine ifthis works it dusnt delete anythin cept ur solo game
Answer
+2
moins plus
Did you check the space left on your PS3 or do you check to see if it fully shuts down because mine just has a blue light that lights up to indicate that it is on and i see no light when it turns off. but if yours does the same thing then check or same with green and red or eney other color but check.

And dust in your PS3 that can ruin your PS3 as well so open up your PS3 without removing eney thing get a air can then use it to remove all the dust you can remove.

so check for dust and if it doesn't turn on then hold the power button til 3 beeps then turn off and then turn back on and hear 4 beep then let go after the quick double beep.

and i don't know if you can get a virus but if you do then remove all data. but if you have a question and if i can't answer then search it, hope this helps.

GARETH_BAXTER- Feb 26, 2010 03:52AM
Hi am gareth when i put my game into my ps3 it will not load. The clock just keep spinning what do i do?? can you help me??
PureBred- Apr 22, 2010 05:32PM
hay man hows it going dont no if u fixed your problem with loading games up if u haven't u can try reseting the Blu-ray. hold Eject button down for 12 seconds (while PS3 is on & without a disc in) if your still having any problems or wish to leave feedback give me a shout. Email Id removed for security
chasefallout- Jun 7, 2010 07:27PM
iv got the same problume
chasefallout- Jun 7, 2010 07:28PM
it just keeps spening around and around but no load no games right after i instaled gta4 lost and damned it froz so i restarted it when i started it back up i put new game in and nothing happens jus keeps spinning
????????????? very pissed
Answer
+2
moins plus
It can be a number of things, first off if your ps3 does not want to stay powered on after you turn it on then you have a power circuit short,which is located internally and you will need to get the motherboard replaced. This mainly caused by constant playtime, where the console has been powered on for more than 4hrs at a time, from when the day you had purchased it. The Ps3 manual states that you should only play for 3hrs and shut it down for at least 15mins before attempting to power it back up. hope this helps.

Answer
+1
moins plus
my ps3 is fine i put in another game and then put in cod then changed it again and it sed rebuilding data base
this made me worried i would have 2 start cod again but i didnt but i have just realised all of my friends list is gone so thats the only bad thing
so just to let you know of this

ps3: mattyfr cod5: 5 prestige lvl 52

Answer
+1
moins plus
gareth

try restore file system.

That fixed mine!

JFerd- Mar 16, 2010 12:59AM
Hey I tried the 3 beep way but it just won't load. The screen stays black. PLEASE HELP!
silentkiller3451- Jun 6, 2010 05:33PM
im haveing the same problem as jferd it turns on but stays black help me
wain- Jul 1, 2010 09:04AM
it will be patient will take a few mins
Answer
+1
moins plus
when i switch on my playstation 3 on it says playstion 3 and then it has a big black screen

silentkiller3451- Jun 6, 2010 05:38PM
thats what happens to me and i dont know what to do
Answer
+1
moins plus
every game works , however when i enter mw2 it work until the game say waiting to launch then it just freezing , i've tried all the ps3 settings but nothing works .... this seems to be hopeless

Answer
+0
moins plus
No, I figured it was probably a hard drive problem after I researched it on the internet. I had to take it out of the PS3 and reset it. It works fine now, but I'm bummed out that I lost all of the memory I had on there.

To test out whether or not it is the hard drive, put a working hard drive in there and see if the startup screen loads. If it does, your hard drive is corrupted.

erdem83- Apr 25, 2010 08:40AM
how can i take hard disk out from ps3??
pllkaish- Apr 27, 2010 12:26PM
There is a cover on the base of your ps3 console. Remove it and use a small screw driver to unscrew the small screw and there you go. Just pull the hard drive out then.
joe- May 5, 2010 09:29PM
what do i do when i take out the hard drive from the slim ps3
dude- May 9, 2010 12:00PM
that doesnt work
xSplintz--- Jun 13, 2010 09:11AM
my ps3 works fine but when i select mw2, sometimes it freezes..its not overheating because the ps3 dont feel hot at all.
Answer
+0
moins plus
im having problems with my ps3.. i must unplug my ethernet cord load w/e media i want then plug it back it.. ne one kno a fix ....

add me ps3 gunz4hire
10th perstige

silentkiller3451- Jun 6, 2010 05:31PM
wait did u ever find me online before because i remember fighting u once and id like to again but im trying to fix my ps3 do u know what to do
Answer
+0
moins plus
I wish people will stop writing that they have the same problem as well, it's pointless! Just let people post there help instead.

minnviks- Dec 17, 2009 02:46PM
I tried the safe mode and it still wont bring the screen up, is my hard drive fried
bobbb- Jun 22, 2010 05:39PM
Same problem.
1 2 3 Next
This document entitled « Ps3 will not load. » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.