No Audio.....Help!

Closed
paulzy Posts 3 Registration date Monday January 20, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 21, 2014 - Jan 20, 2014 at 04:51 PM
paulzy Posts 3 Registration date Monday January 20, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 21, 2014 - Jan 21, 2014 at 05:10 AM
Hi guys,

So a couple of days ago I turned on my laptop and there was suddenly no audio. On the bottom right corner the audio icon has a red x to it and the message "no audio output device is installed" and then in a warning message shows up with

error status 0xc0000020. The message reads "windows portable devices\ SqmApi.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again.....etc"

So far I have restart my laptop several times. Then I rebooted to 12th Jan (before any issues). Still nothing. Then I went onto the Sony website and installed and updated the recommended audio drivers for my laptop, still nothing. Next I went into device manager and uninstalled all audio drivers, and restarted, still no joy. Any help much appreciated???

Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jan 20, 2014 at 04:59 PM
Hi

1. You must reinstall the drivers and see.

2. If no joy, through the device manager, delete the sound card and reboot for windows to detect it as new hardware, and install the driver.

3. Ensure the sound card is properly seated and dust free

Good luck
paulzy Posts 3 Registration date Monday January 20, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 21, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 at 05:37 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. Re installing the drivers did not work. When you say, delete the sound card, do you mean 'realtek high definition audio' and or 'Intel(R) Display Audio'? I disabled both and then re enabled like some other users suggested and both are still showing little yellow warning signs (and not working)

After more investigating, its says the error is related to the drivers signature (code 52)

For your third suggestion, making sure the sound card is properly seated? I take it this involves unscrewing the laptiop and examining inside? The latop was only purchased brand new in May and so I feel shouldnt have an major problems?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Jan 20, 2014 at 05:55 PM
I mean your soundcard which is probably a Realtek, and I mean uninstall not deactivate.

Soundcards very rarely fry, never heard of one in years. Just blow the dust if any.

Do you ever use a headphone ? Sometimes when unplugging them the jack gets stuck.

What is that computer's make and model ?

May ! You are still under warranty !
paulzy Posts 3 Registration date Monday January 20, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 at 05:10 AM
Headphones, from time to time, not often?
Laptop is a Sony VAIO Fit 14 Touch Laptop, Model SVF14AC1QL.
I bought it online while living in the U.S but am now living in Ireland, would this be a problem do you think? I guess If I cant figure it out I will just contact sony direct.

Thanks