Audio sound from Packard Bell laptop to tv via HDMI cable

Closed
SoundIssue Posts 1 Registration date Friday November 8, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 8, 2013 - Nov 8, 2013 at 03:50 AM
Lavinia kamasunga Posts 7 Registration date Thursday October 31, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2013 - Nov 10, 2013 at 04:57 AM
I hope someone can help me,,, here goes......
This happened all of a sudden, I have used this many times and no problems.
I connected my hdmi via usb as normal then I realised that the sound was only coming from my laptop and not through my tv, but then I realised that this also happens if I play a dvd, no sound on the tv, also using my usb drive on the dvd player I get no sound on the tv.
Is this an issue then with the tv ? I get perfect pictures but no sound from either three ways.
I have searched for drivers, thought maybe my tv could use an update but its only 5 years old, searched to see if there was a problem with the dvd player but all works perfectly well apart from no sound.

Your advise, any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
SoundIssue
Related:

1 response

Lavinia kamasunga Posts 7 Registration date Thursday October 31, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 10, 2013 1
Nov 10, 2013 at 04:57 AM
Well. If the usb u got has two cables than u connect 1from your laptop to the screen. Having the cable plugged onto audio of the tv & the laptop or dvd player..in that way the sound can go to the tv.