Ask a question Report

CD-R Disk won't read at all [Solved/Closed]

Sandy - Latest answer on Oct 10, 2012 08:07AM
Hello,
I have been putting data on a CD-R disk since 2008 and all of a sudden it won't read in my computer (laptop). Nothing will come up. I have been viewing this data for months so I know there's something on it. And by the same token, the CD player plays all the other disks that I use which leads me to believe it's not the computer. Any input you have on this problem will be greatly appreciated. The disk is a intricate part of my job.
Read more 
Answer
+14
moins plus
Fix problems in which your CD or DVD drive cannot read or write media in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

This page has an ActiveX tool called Automated Troubleshooting Services which will run and fix the disk problems. After running it, I was able to read my CDs & DVDs. I believe it fixed the UDF drivers so the drives would properly recognize discs containing UDF. I am running XP Pro SP3.

Terk- Jun 25, 2010 08:35AM
Rock on! This was a big help!
ashyy- Jul 7, 2010 04:39AM
my laptop just wont recognize CD-R discs .....all the sudden.......it plays and burns DVD-R & DVD-RW discs ok................wat da hell...........whos technical enough to answer that huh....
cookie- Apr 3, 2012 05:33AM
i had same problem untill i tried what john said and now its working fine again....thanks john
honey- Apr 23, 2012 03:39PM
This was a huge help, thankyou :D
Ley- Oct 10, 2012 08:07AM
great! it works!
This document entitled « CD-R Disk won't read at all » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.