Laptop to LCD TV via HDMI cable-no sound

Closed
alim010160 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday October 20, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 20, 2013 - Oct 20, 2013 at 01:51 AM
 VinnyC - Mar 3, 2014 at 09:32 AM
I made a mistake when in my laptop under "speaker- playback device" for my TV, I selected "Device Usage - don't use this device (disable)" and the audio on my TV immediately stopped functioning. My laptop is hooked to my LCD TV via HDMI cable but no sound on TV. How can I reverse this? The speaker icon no longer shows my TV on it.
Related:

2 responses

DaveJ1 Posts 3 Registration date Monday November 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2013 1
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Not sure what OS your using, but I'll assume it's Win7-8 as you said laptop and not "I" product..... I would try going to the controll panel, Double click on the Sound icon, and see if your device is listed there but dissabled. If it is, you should be able to enable it again.
Made the same mistake as you...
Open Sound in Control Panel, now right click in the "Select a playback device below to modify its settings:" box where you should see "speakers/headphones"!
now you should have an option to "show disablde devices" BAM! Hope this is it! xXx