Browsers IE,Firefox and Chrome all won't load certain sites

Closed
Kayneedshelp Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 15, 2013 - Oct 15, 2013 at 07:00 PM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 16, 2013 at 09:29 AM
I have an hp pavilion dv7 running windows 7. I am unable to load the standard version of my school email on any of the browsers that I have installed. I've attempted to contact hp but the website's automatic detection of products will not run on my computer and the information for identifying my product does not match what I have available to me. Therefore, I am unable to chat with an hp representative. I'm a college student and this is becoming infuriating. It is not a problem with the internet connection because I am the only person in my household that is having this problem. The only way my email will load is if I use the html version. Even then I cannot add attachments or switch folders because the whole thing crashes. I can leave the browser open loading the option to add an attachment for days and it will not load. Facebook, netflix, guild wars 2, Final Fantasy, Youtube, Gmail all have no problems running on any of the browsers. I've talked to other students at my school and they are not experiencing the same problems. our online library is inaccessible from my computer as well. The same thing happens it just loads and loads and loads and nothing happens. I am able to use other peoples computers in the house and they load just fine. However, It is not convienant to constantly borrow someone else's computer to do hours worth of homework. I don't even know where to begin trying to fix the issue.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 16, 2013 at 09:29 AM
Hang in there, it can be frustrating....

What does you school IT department FAQ say about this problem? Does your schools IT department list the requirements for veiwing the site? What support has your school given you?

Please post back.