Auto email send to Recipients update in spreadsheet using Excel

Closed
limktin Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday October 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2013 - Oct 2, 2013 at 05:18 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Oct 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. Currently I have a shared workbook that link to multiple user for update. I have a column for having the person (example: A) who enter the data and information and the column next to it will be the person who need to review the data information that A is entered. I would like to set a macro in excel where whenever A is enter the info inside the spreadsheet, once it save an auto email will send to the person who need to review the data entry and CC the person who enter in the email loop.

Appreciate the expert help here as I'm not strong in vb or macro, but I know this can be done with some coding in macro.

Thanks you,
limktin
Related:

6 responses

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Hi Limktin,

Assuming that review person's email address is the last entry in column B.
Change:
newmsg.Recipients.Add ("sampleemailaddresshere@email.com")
into:
newmsg.Recipients.Add (Range("B"&rows.count).end(xlup).value)

Best regards,
Trowa
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Oct 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Hi Limktin,

Try this:
Dim lRow, x As Integer
lRow = Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For Each cell In Range(Cells(lRow, "A"), Cells(lRow, "L"))
If cell.Value <> vbNullString Then
x = x + 1
End If
Next cell
If x <> 12 Then MsgBox "Please check the last entry. There is at least 1 empty cell found in column A:L", , "Missing data"

Best regards,
Trowa
Oct 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Sorry Limktin, didn't thought it through.

Try this:
Dim lRow, x As Integer
lRow = Range("B" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
For Each cell In Range(Cells(lRow, "A"), Cells(lRow, "L"))
If cell.Value <> vbNullString Then
x = x + 1
End If
Next cell
If x <> 12 Then
MsgBox "Please check the last entry. There is at least 1 empty cell found in column A:L", , "Missing data"
Exit Sub
End If

You can always add some text to instruct users to hit the 'Send Email' button again.

Best regards,
Trowa

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday are usually the days I'll respond. Bear this in mind when awaiting a reply.
limktin Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday October 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2013
Oct 2, 2013 at 05:27 AM
i see this coding in this forum, it's work for me but the problem is how to make the Recipients as variable and copy from spreadsheet once someone enter, and also add in person (also a variable) enter in email sent

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, _
Cancel As Boolean)

Dim answer As String

answer = MsgBox("This is where you put the text to prompt the user if he wants to save or not" vbYesNo, "here is the title of that box")

If answer = vbNo Then Cancel = True
If answer = vbYes Then
'open outlook type stuff
Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set OlObjects = OutlookApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
Set newmsg = OutlookApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
'add recipients
'newmsg.Recipients.Add ("Name Here")
newmsg.Recipients.Add ("sampleemailaddresshere@email.com")
'add subject
newmsg.Subject = "Subject line of auto email here"
'add body
newmsg.Body = "body of auto email here"
newmsg.Display 'display
newmsg.Send 'send message
'give conformation of sent message
MsgBox "insert confirmation box test here", , "title of confirmation box"

End If

'save the document
'Me.Worksheets.Save

End Sub

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
limktin Posts 4 Registration date Wednesday October 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2013
Oct 3, 2013 at 11:41 PM
thanks, it's do work.

If I would like to set a condition that ensure there is info entry from column A to L example, if not it will prompt message. Would able to advice for the code?
Oct 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Thanks TrowaD again.

the codes looks good, so after the message box prompt out, program should stop and allow the entry person to correct the infor, after that only re-click on 'Send Email' button to send out mail. But the coding above after message box click ok, email still will send out to the person but it's not suppose to me, perhaps we still need one or two sentence to work out on that.