Dell - AMD Radeon HD 8730m is recognized but not working!

Closed
Wrath94 Posts 13 Registration date Tuesday September 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 7, 2013 - Sep 17, 2013 at 03:09 PM
 Andreea - Oct 31, 2014 at 09:27 AM
I just bought a dell Inspiron laptop with amd radeon hd 8730m 2 Gb/Intel HD graphics 4000 GPU's, and windows 7 64 bits.
my problem is that I can't run my games on high graphic performances. In fact, I used Fraps running worst graphic games I got and I get about 20 fps and even less.
Even my other 8 year old laptop runs them better.
Then I had to activate high perfomance changes and nothing changed, still the same fps.
http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3519/Test7.gif

As u can see in the picture, it actually seems to work, and my CCC works too, I don't get erros anywhere.
I've also searched through some similar threads a solution to my problem, but didn't find much results.
Do I actually have to reinstall my graphic drivers in order? Intel then AMD?
PS: my operating system was originally Ubuntu when I bought it so I installed Windows 7 and then drivers, but I still think it has nothing to do with my problem..
Help please, I am desesperate.
Related:

22 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Oct 8, 2013 at 07:52 PM
Hi Wrath94,

You have certainly installed the non-Dell version of the Drivers. AMD had released the drivers for AMD HD Radeon 8xxx Series. So one driver applies to several graphics cards in the range. Your graphics card in the computer has not changed indeed it is showing the family of the graphics card it belongs to. The drivers are from a non-Dell source so the difference is seen. You can ignore this as long as your computer provides you the optimum performance.

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.
HI, I was reading this post as I mself have faced a problem. Mine is Dell Inspiron 3537 too, except I have Intel HD 4400 and ATI Radeon HD 8850M which I saw on the internet, is actually GDDR5.
there are two alternate downloadable links in dell website. One of them doesn't work, windows recognises this as a potentially dangerous software. The other works but there is no options for controlling tessellation, etc of the card. When I go to AMD website and select auto detect and install, it recognises correctly, but gives a driver of a higher version R9 or something lke that, and then when I go to My Dell to see my graphics card, it says a model number of thr R series which is higher than the HD series.
So, is my Graphics Card realy GDDR5? And how to get the best out of it? I am using Windows 8.
i had the same problem. I have a dell that I bought last year and so far no problem. yesterday I tried installing starcraft 2 and the application took the intel hd graphics video card and so my overall game performance was low. if you right click your desktop there is an option configure switchable graphics you just search your application and assign to high performance. hope this helps you