How to set Password protect

Solved/Closed
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - Sep 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Dear All, Do you know how to set password protect sub folder in network drive for someone who access the network drive?
for example:
I have network drive N:Engineer\cad and i want to make password protect with the folder cad for some one who want to access the cad folder.
I am sorry for my English because Little bit to understand or write in English.

Regards,

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Sep 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Good Morning,

Give that user access to the resource. Go to sharing, select the user in the domain, and give them access to the resource. It shouldn't be any different thatn any other Share.

I hope this helps. I am truly concerned for your oganization, and I hope that you are not senior. If you are junior, then go and ask your peers or Mentors that are onsite. If you have no peers or seniors, please read all that you can, and maybe attend classes for the work you are performing. The question that you are asking is quite juvenile for the level in which you need the work performed. I am sorry if I sound harsh, but I really concerned for your organization.

Sincerely,

Mark

-Contributor
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 8
Sep 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Hey, Thanks for your idea and sorry for any mistake.
Regards