Acer Aspire 5738z : Black screen (with only lcd backlight off)

Closed
deepak.m Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 26, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013 - Aug 26, 2013 at 01:40 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Aug 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Hello,

My Acer Aspire 5738z is having issue with startup.
when I start my laptop it start up properly, I can use internet and every possible thing with it. But after sometime the back-light of Lcd is gone. if I put torch light on LCD I can see my desktop screen. Also if I shut it down and try to restart, it wont start completely.
i tried replacing its CMOS battery, tried switching it On without battery, But it wont Start.
please help me.
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 28, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Hi deepak.m,

Dim LCD issue is mainly caused by LCD inverter or converter (if your laptop has one). When troubleshooting this situation the first step is to increase the brightness of the LCD. If your laptop has a key to increase the brightness of the LCD please use the same to increase the brightness and check. If the brightness is not increasing, seek a technician's help and try to reseat the LCD cable and inverter (if detachable). You can refer to the Service Manual for Safety Instructions and accurate steps. If the issue still remains contact Acer Support.