Counter Strike 1.3 Lan Game Problems

Closed
mayuu16 Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013 - Aug 25, 2013 at 04:52 PM
mayuu16 Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013 - Aug 26, 2013 at 04:09 PM
Heya!
I'm having problems with playing Counter Strike 1.3 via lan. Last night we were able to play it for like 3 hours straight but when we woke up the next day and started to play it again, no matter how much we press refresh, there is no indication that it can find the one creating the game. As in nothing at all.

I tried everything I saw online. Creating an Ad Hoc network. Used cables [which is btw, I used this way way back with the same game and that time it worked]. Changing the IP Address and everything.

Sot the question is, is there something wrong or incorrect with what I did? Any ideas or suggestions? Please help meeeee!

Oh, and another thing. Does the sent and received byte rate affect anything? Like if that affects whether we can find the creator of the game? Because once we start playing, the byte rate stops sending and receiving everything once we start. Does it affect that?

Please help me. Thanks in advance!
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 26, 2013 at 08:57 AM
Just a quick question...did you start the game server (Host), or did you connect to one on the net? If you are not hosting the game server, it is possible the host stopped hosting, therfore you cannot find it.
mayuu16 Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013
Aug 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Yes I did. The two of us are connected to just one router as we both use it for internet purposes and I am the one to host the game. After some time, I told my sister to host the game just to see if it would work, but alas, it just won't. We already tried uninstalling the game and deleting every file related to it, and after installing it again, it still won't work. Sigh~ I'm really at a loss here.
Blocked Profile
Aug 26, 2013 at 03:09 PM
SLow down. It can be frustrating but you have to be systematic. You can both get on the internet with your computers? Yes, then not a network issue. More than likely it is a firewall setting, have you checked that?
mayuu16 Posts 3 Registration date Sunday August 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 26, 2013
Aug 26, 2013 at 04:09 PM
Oh okay. Sorry.

So yes, I believe it is no longer a network issue as I have tried downloading files and then I played the game but there is still nothing there. I have also checked the firewall and placed them on the exception, but it is still a no go.

Also, I tried changing the compatibility of the game, placed it on winxp compatibility and run as administrator,, but no results as well.