LAN PROBLEM

Closed
treasure85 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday August 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 15, 2013 - Aug 15, 2013 at 08:20 AM
 Blocked Profile - Aug 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Hello,

my local-area-networks lan notification is telling me no connectivity or limited,
what can I do ?

thank you
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 15, 2013 at 09:59 AM
Good Morning,

I am guessing that you have Windows Vista, or Windows 7 OS. You never mentioned some important stuff, like what kind of router, wired or wireless, your pc or laptop, your OS you are using. So please understand, this is an assumption on Windows vista or Windows 7.

You must select a network location. You have to tell your pc/laptop if you are at home, work, or public for the sharing and firewall settings. Until you tell it, it shuts it all down.

Have Fun!
though i ve later connected it, the problem occur due to the wrong input of IP address, what i need now is how to configure the systems to share files and document, and the network the printer, i need this urgently
Blocked Profile
Aug 16, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Oh, Ok. If you are manually entering in IP address, you may want to look into DHCP. It is much easier to manage a number of devices that way.

For file and print sharing you need to set up a homegroup.
Control Panel\Network and Internet\HomeGroup

Once again, you have not mentioned what OS, so I am assuming you are using 7 or vista. Set up a homegroup and share what you want. If you are using a different OS, then the basic principles are the same, just alot of manual tasks.

//ark
-Contributor