Dell laptop Wifi not working

Solved/Closed
kazmam5 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday August 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 27, 2013 - Aug 11, 2013 at 06:40 AM
 Harchand - Nov 18, 2014 at 07:36 AM
Hi frnds, m having some problem with my laptp wifi. It's a Dell inspiron N5110 windows 7 64bit. I can connect to internet through my lan cable(ethernet) but not with wifi. The F2 key is not reponding. When I update my driver it says that "your driver is upto date". I tried every driver and every possible forum. The adapter name is Realtek PCIe FE family controller, which is working fine. So can plz anybody help me solving my prob. Thanks in advance guys :)
Related:

8 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Aug 18, 2013 at 09:00 AM
Hi kazmam5,

"Realtek PCIe FE family controller" is the NIC or Ethernet controller. The WLAN cards shipped with the Inspiron N5110 were Bluetooth combo cards. You must choose the drivers for one of the following:

1. Dell Wireless WLAN 1701 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0
2. Dell Wireless WLAN 1702 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0
3. Intel Centrino Wireless-N1030 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0
4. Intel Centrino Advanced Wireless-N6230 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0

The other WLAN card that is offered with the system are:

1. Dell Wireless WLAN 1502 Half Mini-Card
2. Dell Wireless WLAN 1503 Half Mini-Card
3. Intel Centrino Wireless-N1000 Half Mini-Card
4. Intel 6150 WiFi / WiMAX Half Mini-Card

To identify the correct WLAN card in your machine follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Press and hold "Windows key" on the keyboard and press the key "R".
2. Run dialog box will be displayed.
3. Type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotations marks) and hit Enter.
4. Expand Network Adapters and check which one of the cards (listed above) is present in your laptop.
5. Click here to open the support site.
6. Enter the "System Service Tag Number" in the box below "Enter your Service Tag to get started" and click "Submit".
7. Under the Network section download the WLAN driver for the card present in the system.

Hope this helps.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Hi zohaib, I did what u said expanding the network adapters but all it shows is the "Realtek PCIe FE family controller" nothing else. Does it means that the hardware isn't detecting my wlan card?