Different Flash drive shortcut virus.

Solved/Closed
baba_metca Posts 3 Registration date Friday August 2, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 2, 2013 - Aug 2, 2013 at 03:22 AM
 AJ - Oct 21, 2013 at 01:17 PM
Hello,

I have nearly the flash drive shortcuts problem, but only one difference. The files that are infected are only in main folder of the flash drive. No folders in the flash are affected, nor the containing of the folders. Only the files in the main folded. Also when you open the file it opens correctly, but you can not delete it, nor do anything else with it, as it is a shortcut. I have formatted the drive but still when I insert a file it changes to a shortcut. Also i noticed that the floppy drive is trying to read something, without any floppy inserted in it.

The methods you described here do NOT work for me. I have AVG free installed and it does not find anything.

Need your help!

Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Aug 2, 2013 at 04:49 PM
Hello

AVG free will never find that kind of a virus. I bet you my bottom dollar that you have a virus.

Here is a tool to remove the virus and vaccinate your USB against further viruses.

Download UsbFix (created by El Desaparecido) on your desktop.

http://ccm.net/download/download-24089-usbfix

If your antivirus gives an alert, ignore it and temporarily deactivate the antivirus.
Plug in your usb devices (Flash drive, pen drive. External HD etc...) don't open them.
Double click sur UsbFix.exe.

Click on deletion
Let the tool work.

Let me know

Ambucias
Moderator/virus security contributor
This thing worked.
It deleted the virus from the flash drive, and the computer intself. There was something in registry too.

Thank you. I have done this before your reply, couse i sow it in another discussion yesterday, but i could not manage to check this to solved and write the solution.
This is the write tool to use, as I have used some other things, that did not worked.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Aug 3, 2013 at 04:23 PM
You are most welcome

Remember USB Fix can also vaccinate your flash drive against future viruses which you may get from other machines.
Yes, it vaccinated all drives.
Thank you for this. I'm glad i've seen this post. it really helped.