CPU works but doesn't display

Solved/Closed
birukadu Posts 6 Registration date Monday July 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2013 - Updated on Jan 9, 2019 at 06:00 AM
 FranciscoG - Jan 28, 2019 at 08:00 PM
Hi,

The cup works but the monitor doesn't display. I tried changing VGA cable and the monitor too but did not get success for the display. I can access the computer on the network through remote desktop. And finally I restored it to the back-date of 5 days. After that, I can't even access it from remote. I can ping that PC.

Thanks!
Related:

9 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Updated on Jan 9, 2019 at 06:05 AM
Hello,

If you notice that your CPU fan is running but there is no display in the screen, remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another slot.

If you have no idea about RAM, then click on the below Images:

Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will result in display problem. If you are having two RAMs then remove it, place only one RAM and check the display. If you failed to get any display then change the slot. If you still failed to get the display then try the above procedure with the other RAM.

Good Luck!
I added a different RAM and it worked! Thank you for the tip!