Realtek HD Audio Driver on Windows 7 64 bits

Closed
HanSoloHan Posts 7 Registration date Sunday June 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2013 - Jul 9, 2013 at 12:51 PM
IllyaK Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 3, 2013 - Aug 3, 2013 at 03:42 PM
Hi. I have issue with my audio driver, I can't hear sounds from my computer from both speakers (integrated on my monitor) or headphones (Speakers and headphones works good in Windows XP).

My motherboard is an ASUS P5QPL-AM, fully functional. I have the LAST version of Realtek HD Audio Driver (don't ask the version, it's the last one).
I downloaded the driver from the OFFICIAL PAGE of Realtek, and also from ASUS, both are the same version. And I repeat, is the LAST version. So itsn't a problem of actualization of drivers.

It was working fine with that driver but suddenly stopped to work. I tried to do rollback with older drivers, but that doesn't work too.

So, summarizing:
-I have LAST audio driver. Downloaded both from ASUS and Realtek page.
-Speakers and Headphones work fine in other OS, but aren't recognized (it appears like both aren't plugged in).
-I have no sound.

Please, I need help. I won't give up. I will keep posting this day after day... sorry if it's annoying but I need answers.
Thanks.
Related:

4 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 11, 2013 at 10:23 AM
Hi HanSoloHan,

Uninstall the Realtek Drivers from the "Device Manager" and then restart the computer. Check if the Windows 7 Generic Drivers for the audio card works.

Do reply with results.
HanSoloHan Posts 7 Registration date Sunday June 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 15, 2013
Jul 13, 2013 at 09:10 AM
Hi Zohaib R,

That was my first action and it didn't work neither. I used other HDD with Windows XP and sound didn't work too. So it's a problem with the Sound card I think. You can try to lend me a hand in this other topic: https://ccm.net/forum/affich-711236-just-a-question-about-sound-card

Thanks for your answer!
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jul 14, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Hi HanSoloHan,

I have responded to your thread, "Just a question about Sound card...". I have checked the specifications of the motherboard "ASUS P5QPL-AM" and have answered. Please reply if you need any further assistance.
IllyaK Posts 1 Registration date Saturday August 3, 2013 Status Member Last seen August 3, 2013
Aug 3, 2013 at 03:42 PM
I have spent days trying to get audio to work on new Biostar A780L3C system, using Realtek HD drivers. It all started when my XP Home system complained that the setup program on the motherboard CD with all the drivers was "not a valid Win32 application."

Using Realtek HD audio drivers I downloaded from Realtek and the motherboard maker's site, I got "audio device on high definition bus" as the device name in Device Manager. Whoops. This was clearly a lousy install. No sound, of course.

It's important to be sure the Microsoft UAA HD audio driver is installed. It's there by default, but there was a suggestion to disable it. Don't do that.

I solved this by downloading a VIA HD audio driver from Biostar's site. Apparently, it''s generic enough to work. It installed instantly and I had sound.