Battery not charging Dell laptop 1525

Closed
cathyscoggins Posts 1 Registration date Saturday June 29, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 29, 2013 - Jun 29, 2013 at 07:25 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 30, 2013 at 06:07 AM
Hello,

I have a dell Inspiron 1525 laptop and the battery was not charging. I contacted Dell and ordered a new battery. It charged for about 2 months and not I am getting an amber blink for 4 times and then white? I only have 3% available.

Any suggestions of how to fix this problem?

Thank you,
Cathy
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 30, 2013 at 06:07 AM
Hi Cathy,

Try these steps and reply with results:

1. Disconnect all peripherals and confirm if system is working fine with AC Adapter only. If yes, follow next step.
2. Remove AC adapter, Battery and drain flea power. To drain flea power, press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then re-connect the battery and AC Adapter. Charge the battery now and check. If not resolved, follow next step.
3. Check the AC Adapter status in the BIOS. If AC Adapter status shows Unknown/Not Detected, the problem might be with the AC Adapter and not the battery.
4. If the issue is not fixed by the above steps, try charging the battery with the notebook turned off.
5. Try swapping with a known good battery (If available). If known good battery works, the problem is with the battery and needs to be replaced.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell