Configure Router Wifi to share internet wifi

Solved/Closed
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 - Jun 25, 2013 at 09:30 AM
 Admin - Oct 31, 2015 at 12:45 PM
Dear All,
I have just installed internet at home.
When i connect my computer via network cable with modem,I can use internet as normally.
But i want to use my internet without connecting via network cable.
I heard that, Router Wifi can share internet so i bought it and configure with the way as:

-I connected that Wifi Router to Modem via network cable and connected network cable from router to my computer. I am not sure, i might be forget, and then i did configure some instruction from wifi router manual book and i can go to change Wifi name and password, so when i unplug the network cable from my computer and i enable wifi on my laptop , i saw my own wifi name actived, i connect it and put password.. but the problem is that wireless network connection is said no internet actived even we see my wifi is actived at the right task bar.

Or we need to do some more configure than this?
regard,

Related:

8 responses

VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 8
Jun 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM
at first time, i bought a Wifi router but the problem as my previous post so i think maybe the problem cause by Wifi router just i can't use internet so i decide to change it to other new router, and the
Make: TP-Link
Model :TL-MR3420
I saw that, the two wifi modem is the same issue
Help me pls
THanks
Blocked Profile
Jul 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM
So is this solved?
Blocked Profile
Jun 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM
It looks pretty stright forward, except that you must configure it for the Mode you wish to connect with. Are you using ADSL, or G3/G4 Card?

GO here and follow instruction:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/?model=TL-MR3420&version=V2#tbl_doc
Admin
Blocked Profile
Jun 25, 2013 at 09:41 AM
Good Morning,

With a little more info we could get you connected on WIFI.

What is the router amke and model? Did it come with a disk?

I will be happy to assist once I know what I am working with.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
VeasnaYim Posts 180 Registration date Tuesday June 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2015 8
Jun 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Did you know how about to resolve the WiFi limited connection? when i preforming to re install new windows, my WiFi status( I connect to neighbor WiFi) said limited connection.
Thanks you so much for your helping.
Regards,
Blocked Profile
Jun 25, 2013 at 01:58 PM
Have you set a network location on your PC? Sometimes, you have to say it is your home network, your work network, or a public network. If yu are using windows Vista, or 7, then you have to set a network in your OS.

I hope this gives you some direction.
Jun 25, 2013 at 02:15 PM
Oh.. this is help full and sometime when i connected my laptop to others wifi even my own wifi, the screen pup up appea that need me to choose network location as Home, Office, Public etc... i will try to do that when i got home.
Thanks you so much.
You are my supper!
Jul 8, 2013 at 05:54 PM
Yes it's solved
Blocked Profile
Jul 9, 2013 at 05:28 PM
mark it as solved then please!