Ask a question Report

Unable to get facebook page to display [Solved/Closed]

teamincome 8Posts Tuesday June 11, 2013Registration date June 11, 2013Last seen - Latest answer on Apr 1, 2015 09:59AM
I have been having this issue for a few days now.
This is the message I receive
This webpage is not available
Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www.facebook.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 7 (net::ERR_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.
I have cleared cookies and cache, downloaded malware bytes and ran a scan. Still have the problem.
I just read other responses an tried ip flush. Still no luck. I am using google chrome and facebook does not open in firefox either
All other pages are showing successfully. I really need to contact some people in there. Any help will be appreciated.
Read more 
Answer
+1
moins plus
Hello,

Try this 1

Reset your host file.

Click on the below hyperlink "Fix" and download the file

Fix

Double-click on it and follow the onscreen instructions.

Good Luck

Answer
+0
moins plus
Hello,
Try this 1
Click on Start --> Run --> Type cmd and press Enter. "Command Prompt" will be opened.
Now enter the below command.
ping www.facebook.com --> Press Enter.
Let us know if you are able to get the reply message.
Good Luck

jonats- Apr 1, 2015 09:59AM
request timed out
Answer
+0
moins plus
Yes I got 4 replies

Answer
+0
moins plus
Hello,

Try this 1

Right-click on the "Internet Explorer" icon --> Properties --> Click on

"Connections" tab --> Click on "LAN Settings" button --> Make sure that

everything is unchecked (No options are selected) --> Click on OK --> Click on

"Settings" button --> Make sure that everything is unchecked (No options are

selected) under "Automatic configuration" and "Proxy server" --> Click on OK -->

OK.

Good Luck

Answer
+0
moins plus
Do you have these steps for chrome or firefox. I only have those 2

ac3mark 3010Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ContributorStatus March 30, 2015Last seen - Jun 11, 2013 02:00PM
Did it work?
teamincome 8Posts Tuesday June 11, 2013Registration date June 11, 2013Last seen - Jun 11, 2013 02:04PM
No I am able to go to every other site. Facebook is the only one
ac3mark 3010Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ContributorStatus March 30, 2015Last seen - Jun 11, 2013 02:16PM
So you have tried incognito, and you have verifed that secure browsing is enabled?

What is your antivirus? Some antivirus won't let some extensions run. If you are using Avast, then disable it for a period and test.

Disable the Better Pop Up Blocker!
teamincome 8Posts Tuesday June 11, 2013Registration date June 11, 2013Last seen - Jun 11, 2013 05:19PM
thanks!
ac3mark 3010Posts Monday June 3, 2013Registration date ContributorStatus March 30, 2015Last seen - Jun 12, 2013 08:34AM
Was it the pop up blocker?
Answer
+0
moins plus
This worked for me...

1.Check your time.

2. Check and Change your time zone

This document entitled « Unable to get facebook page to display » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.