I disabled my sound by mistake!

Closed
EllenDL Posts 1 Registration date Friday June 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen June 7, 2013 - Jun 7, 2013 at 01:37 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 7, 2013 at 08:22 AM
Hello,
I accidentally uninstalled it and now I can't figure out how to get it back!
I tried and looked at the disabled devices but that didn't work.. and now no sound! Pretty please help..

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 7, 2013 at 08:22 AM
Hi EllenDL,

Perform the following steps and reply with the information obtained. You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps:

1. Open "Device Manager" by clicking the "Start" button, clicking "Control Panel", clicking "System and Maintenance", and then clicking "Device Manager". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Expand the "Sound, video and game controllers" section. If no sound card is listed here, expand "Other Devices"
3. Right-click the sound card and then click Properties.
4. Click the "Details" tab.
5. Select Device Instance Path or Device Instance Id (whichever is available for your version of Windows) from the drop down box.
6. Write the information listed under "Value" pane.
7. In your reply please add the Device Instance Path or Device Instance Id so that I can research on the issue.