No Audio - Dell XPS 400 Problem with "creative" driver?

Closed
rick0068 Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 31, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 31, 2013 - May 31, 2013 at 09:36 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Jun 3, 2013 at 08:38 AM
I have tried everything I can think of to restore lost audio to my Dell XP 400. My sound issues began when I noticed the little round speaker from the bottom bar of my desktop screen had disappeared. When the small speaker icon disappeared so did any and all audio/sound. I can not connect this audio problem with any kind of process applied to my Dell, nothing. Investigating, but not too sure about what to do, I came across a yellow exclamation mark notification next to "Creative SB-X-FI", under sound, video and game controllers. I have tried double-clicking "Creative SB-X-FI," (with the exclamation mark) and selecting "troubleshoot." That got me nowhere, infact for some reason I was not able to get through the troubleshooting steps. I think I need a new driver, and have even tried downloading and installing one, but I have had no success. Help, please!
Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Jun 3, 2013 at 08:38 AM
Hi rick0068,

You have followed correct steps by downloading and installing the audio drivers. Did you download the drivers from our support site? If not, please download the "Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic (D) Audio Driver" from our support site by clicking here. This is the driver for Windows XP, if you have any other Operating System, please mention the same in your reply.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6