Computer turns off automatically

Closed
Srinivas Rao Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 5, 2013 - May 5, 2013 at 04:02 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - May 5, 2013 at 03:30 PM
Hi,

I have a question to you.I recently downloaded a video from youtube,when i try to play that video the computer automatically turns off,may be the video is corrupted.Please tell me the solution for preventing automatic turn off problem when i try to play such videos.i am not only able to play that video but when i try to open the folder containing that video file the computer automatically turns off and i can't able to delete that video file,so i have to delete that video from command prompt and when i try to change the format also facing same problem.

2 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 5, 2013 at 08:10 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) First try to update your Graphic Drivers. You can download the drivers from

your motherboard manufacture's website.

OR

Click on the below link and download the file

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4993-cpu-z/

Extract it --> Double-click on CPUZ --> Click on "Mainboard" tab. Let us know the

Manufacturer , Model with rev number, Chipset & Southbridge.Click on the "CPU"

tab and let me know the "Package".

Also let us know the "Operating System" you are using.

2) This issue is also noticed because of the overheating.

Good Luck
Srinivas Rao Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 5, 2013
May 5, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Hi jack4rall,

I have received your mail and i am thankful for that valuable information.As you send, i have tried for first solution but there is no updated version of graphics driver.So i have downloaded the cpuz software and i am sending the details of what you mentioned.

Manufacturer: LENOVO
Model: Base Board Product name Base board version
Chipset: Intel Havendale/Clarkdale Host Bridge Rev:02
Southbridge: Intel HM55 Rev:05
CPU Package Name:Socket 989 rPGA
Operating System:Microsoft Windows 7(6.1) Ultimate Edition 32-bit
(Build 7600)
DirectX 11.0
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 5, 2013 at 03:30 PM
Hello,
Try this 1
1) Click on the below link and follow the instructions
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html
This will help you to detect which drivers need update.
2) Since you are using a laptop then clean all the vents, blow out with canned air. Never run your laptop on bag & bed. Laptop Sides, back and bottom must be clear. If possible apply a new thermal compound between the CPU.
Good Luck