Help black screen open login

Solved/Closed
Vacense Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday May 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 1, 2013 - May 1, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Vacense Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday May 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 1, 2013 - May 1, 2013 at 04:53 PM
Hello
I was playing on my computer today and I wanted to get a windows XP theme so I downloaded one off of deviant art and I opened it the on accident I pressed uninstall sys files in the folder it ran come for about 3 milliseconds then it popped up an error message then all of my files and task ad disappeared and then I could only see my background so I force shut down my laptop (a dell Inspiron) then turned it back on and it booted normally so I logged on and it went black with my mouse cursor there. I tried booting it in safemode and I tried running explorer in task manager and it said could not find explorer. So I tried the sticky keys solution but it said couldn't find control panel please help me
Related:

4 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
May 1, 2013 at 01:18 AM
Hi Vacense,

As you mentioned the problem started after installing the theme from "deviant art", "System Restore" might help here. Also, you have mentioned that you cannot open "explorer.exe" so I recommend running "System Restore" from command prompt. Please check the below mentioned link for steps on how to do "System Restore" from "Command Prompt":

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-start-system-restore-from-the-command-prompt-2624522

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
May 1, 2013 at 01:16 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Open "Task Manager" --> Click on "File" --> New Task --> Type cmd and press

Enter. "Command Prompt" will be opened. Now enter the below commands.

cd\ and press Enter. Now your prompt changes to C:\>

cd windows and press Enter. Now your prompt changes to C:\Windows>

ren explorer.exe explorer1.exe and press Enter

[Note: If it says explorer.exe file not found, continue with the next steps]

cd system32\dllcache and press Enter. Now the prompt changes to

C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache>

copy explorer.exe c:\windows --> Press Enter

[ 1 file(s) copied message should appear ]

cd\ --> Now your prompt changes to C:\>

start explorer.exe ---> Press Enter.

Good Luck
Vacense Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday May 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 1, 2013
May 1, 2013 at 04:31 PM
Ok I am restoring it and I think it might work thanks but I will reply with the awnser to If it worked or not
Vacense Posts 3 Registration date Wednesday May 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 1, 2013
May 1, 2013 at 04:53 PM
It worked! Thank you soooo much my pc turne on to the same thing so I got mad then I thought Mebey if it do the explorer thing now and it put a circle on the screen and loaded I was soooo happy to hear the startup noise thank you so much