Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Printer driver cannot install [Solved]

Mandy - Latest answer on Jun 3, 2010 01:09AM
Hello, i really need help can someone please tell meh where to install a printer driver if a printer is attached to a server
Read more 
Answer
+8
moins plus
You can install drivers on any system in network, after installation try to connect it from another system. It will install that printer.
Mandy- Feb 19, 2009 02:34PM
thnks bro for your help
Grumio- Apr 15, 2009 12:01AM
Hey,

I for some reason cannot connect my laptop to my printer on my work network. Every other computer is connected except mine.

I am the only computer running Vista, so I think that may be the issue. When I install the driver on my laptop it says:
"The server for the 'Lexmark Universal' printer does not have the correct printer driver installed. If you want to search for the proper driver, click OK. Otherwise, click Cancel and contact your network administrator or original equipment manufacturer for the correct printer driver."

I have even tried installing the Vista driver on the other computers, but still end up with the same message. My Vista Printer Wizard cannot find the printer on the network, but when I browse for it, I can find it, but then it gives me that same message.

Please help. It's so annoying having to save files onto another computer, change computers and then print...

Thanks.
turbok100- Jul 31, 2009 07:54AM
I have the same issue, Vista seem like it only wants the drivers from the server(PC) that is attached to the printer. And my printer is attached to a PC that has XP pro on it and of course the printer drivers that are on the XP pc will not work.

Let me know if you get a solution.
Add comment
Answer
+6
moins plus
When your admin installed the printer on a server and shared it, it will share with the same printer driver that was installed. If your computer is a match for that driver in both OS and/or 32 bit or 64bit, it will install automatically. However if you attempt to add that printer with a different OS that requires a different version of the driver, you will get the error message, "The server .... does not have the correct driver installed". You can manually install the correct driver OR your admin can fix the server.

Your admin can fix this by doing the following ON THE SERVER:
Open printers,
Click File - Properties on the printer that is failing
Click on the "Sharing" tab
Click on Additional drivers
Install the drivers for the OS you are using

The next time you go to add this printer, it will figure out you need the vista or x64 driver and install it automatically.
Add comment
Answer
+5
moins plus
I'm having a similar problem with a Epson Perfection V500 Photo scanner attached at Port USB. My Dell Studio notebook PC runs Vista. Epson updated the driver in 2009. I ran the update, which replaced the original driver and made other changes in Windows OS files. Since the update I have not been able to install the scanner driver. I get the "Windows cannot install driver" message. The message box says to contact Epson. Epson doesn't have a solution yet. The progress indicator bar says: FAIL. I need my scanner!

If anyone finds a solution, pls let me know.
Add comment
Answer
+5
moins plus
how to connect a printer to pc computer by internet
Add comment
This document entitled « printer driver cannot install » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.