8GB Micro SD Card Not Recognized. What Happened?

Closed
ksb1978 Posts 1 Registration date Monday March 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2013 - Mar 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM
 Goldish - Oct 20, 2015 at 03:51 AM
Hello, Hello,

I've had PNY Micro SD 8gb card in my cell phone for about a year now. Its been working fine all of this time. I even hooked it up to my laptop in order to put photos and songs from my phone onto my laptop and vise verse. Its been compatible with my phone[an HTC G2], my Dell Laptop, and my Dell Desktop.

about a week ago the card out of no where unmounted. Its not detected on my phone. I put it in my laptop using both adapters and its not picking the card up at all. I even put it in my tablet and nothing. I haven't done anything to my phone lately that would warrant the card to stop working. I tied the whole locking thing and that's not it. It's not locked. I can't format it anywhere cause its not recognized anywhere. I'm stumped. Its been working all of this time. I can't figure out why. Is there anyway to recover all my photos, songs, and other files?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Maybe someone out there has been through the same and had some success.

Related:

2 responses

no result found because all drivers are already installed
Hey mates. Have the exact same problem . After using the sd card for several day only, it suddenly dismounted and not recognized both with computer and with phone. What should I do ? :-(
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 26, 2013 at 05:59 PM
Hi ksb1978,

Please try the steps in the below mentioned link and check if this fixes the problem:

https://ccm.net/faq/14290-sd-card-not-detected

This link has steps to update the drivers for the SD card.

Do reply with results.

To know more about Dell's products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6

Thanks & Regards
Zohaib R
#iworkfordell
We cant update driver because the computer wont detect the sd card..