Laptop not detecting hard drive.

Closed
13urbanninja Posts 8 Registration date Sunday March 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2013 - Mar 23, 2013 at 09:28 AM
 Thee Weeder - Dec 1, 2013 at 05:01 PM
Hello,

i have sony vaio e series laptop.it was showing boo mgr missing so I formatted my hd and am trying to install windows 7 on it.but installation is not detecting my hard drive(which is being detectd in other pcs.)plz help.thanks..

Related:

4 responses

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Mar 23, 2013 at 02:00 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

1) First check all the connections to your hard drive.

2) Go to CMOS settings and make sure that your hard drive is detected.

If you failed to see your hard drive in CMOS then select the option "Load default

settings" --> Save the settings and exit from the CMOS.

After restart again go to CMOS settings and check if your hard drive is detected.

If it still failed to detect the hard drive and show it to your in CMOS then the

problem is with the hard drive. If it's in warranty then approach to your nearest

service center for the replacement.

Good Luck
13urbanninja Posts 8 Registration date Sunday March 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 at 03:09 AM
thanks for the answer.but my drive is being detected in other pcs,hence we can eliminate faulty hard drive theory,i guess.also mine is a sony vaio e series.and I dont know how to get into cmos setup.
really appreciate ur effort!!thanks
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Mar 24, 2013 at 06:49 AM
Hello,
Try this 1
First make sure that the Hard drive is detected in the CMOS in your laptop.
Click on the below link "BIOS Setup" and follow the instructions to get into the BIOS.
BIOS Setup
Follow the step 2 from the above given instructions.
Also make sure that your first boot device is set to "Hard drive".
All the instructions regarding changing the options in BIOS Setup can be found there itself at the bottom or at the right side.
Good Luck
13urbanninja Posts 8 Registration date Sunday March 17, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 25, 2013
Mar 25, 2013 at 05:42 AM
thanks for the answer but my laptop does not enter bios setup even after pressing f2.it has insyde h20 bios.
If F2 does not work to get into BIOS, try: Esc ... or F10 ... or F12 ... F1 ... Del.
In the case of Del , Esc , it may be possible you have to press the button various times.
Different bios can respond to different keys. If you know the motherboard model, try searching it on Google , etc. ... or direct on the Sony www site.
Hope it helps.