Kioskea
Recherche
Ask a question Report

Can't Open any Programs or Files on Windows XP

Computer Illiterate 1 2Posts Monday March 18, 2013Registration date March 20, 2013Last seen - Latest answer on Mar 20, 2013 04:45PM
I can't open any programs or files... I think due to malware. I can't open the internet so the file on www.dougknox.com "exe file association fix" does me no good.
I can attempt to run the system restore, but it fails every time for each and every date option I can select. It says something about no changes have been made.
My security is AVG and I can successfully run a scan, but as soon as the scan is 100% complete AVG freezes and won't give the results.
Does anyone have any ideas not previously listed in this thread?
Read more 
Answer
+1
moins plus
Hi to boot in safe mode you restart the computer tapping F8.

You will then get options, one of them being safe mode with networking.

I assume that your operating system is Windows XP ?
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi

What did you do or were doing just before the problem occured ?

Do you use such peer-to-peer software such UTorrent or Bit Torrent ?

Can you boot in safe mode with networking ?
Add comment
Answer
+0
moins plus
I was attempting to download an NES Emulator. It downloaded but didn't work. I uninstalled it and went to search for another. That is when I noticed nothing worked anymore.

I don't know what UTorrent or Bit Torrent is... I would assume no. I have an old Dell Latitude that used to be used as an office computer. All I use it for is the internet and watching DVD's.

How do I boot in safe mode?
Add comment
This document entitled « Can't Open any Programs or Files on Windows XP » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.