Please Help. Creating second set of recovery disc hp presario

Solved/Closed
MIcheal111 Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 15, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 15, 2013 - Mar 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Mar 18, 2013 at 01:24 PM
Hello,
I have compaq presario CQ61-416SA notebook. I had the recovery disc , but I had lost it. I did not reformat my notebook for 2 years now. but now my laptop has over 3000 registry errors and also the virus. It all cause my laptop acting up a big times.
I had searched over internet about how to create second set of hp recovery disc. But none of the solutions I found (like deleting the files named .bin or .sys) worked. the recovery manager keep alarming that "I already created a recovery disc" and could not let me have another set.
Please someone give some advice. it is with windows 7 64 bit home premium.
thank you so much
Related:

2 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 15, 2013 at 01:19 PM
Hi MIcheal111,

Sometimes, deleting the "HPCD.sys" using the software "FreeCommander" works. For more details you can refer to the below mentioned link:

http://ccm.net/faq/9300-hp-create-restoration-cd-dvd-once-more

As you mentioned there are thousands of Registry errors and Virus infections on the computer, if you make a Recovery Disc for this Operating System, next time you install your Operating System using these discs those errors will still be present. Another fresh installation of Windows on your computer is recommended.

Kindly get back if there are any further queries.
Hi Zohaib R,
Thank you very much for your kind support. it is very much appreciated. The problem is all solved now. In fact, I did not require discs to reformat the hard disks. I had just done it with the system recovery from the recovery manager tasks, of course, out of risk. Thanks goodness that there was no problem occurred.
Thank you again for your time. Have a nice day.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 18, 2013 at 01:24 PM
Hi MIcheal111,

I am glad to know the issue got fixed. Thank you for the tip, this will surely help other users in the forum. Please feel free to get back to us if there are any further queries.