Won't load past welcome screen.It only will start in safe mode.

Closed
Callums Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday March 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2013 - Mar 12, 2013 at 06:50 PM
 Just-a-though - Nov 27, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Hello,
My windows 7 laptop won't load past the welcome screen. It was working fine and then on google chrome I got impatient while it wasn't opening a new tab. I clicked on it a lot. Then it completely crashed, I couldn't open task manager or anything.

So I held the power button to turn it off, and it did. I just started windows normally thinking it crashed and it would be fine. It said the windows/welcome thing with the logo and then went off, loaded the curser and it just stopped there.

It let you move the curser for a few seconds with lag but then there no movement. I haven't downloaded anything recently so I have no idea what to do.

Please help me because I need it a lot for my GCSE's. I would prefer to keep all my old stuff but if I can't then its ok, as long as it will work.

Related:

2 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 12, 2013 at 07:15 PM
Hi Callums,

As you have mentioned the computer works fine in the safe mode, perform a clean boot to check if it resolves the problem. To get the steps on how to perform a clean boot, check the below mentioned link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Do reply with results.
I've the same situation. I did a clean boot, but when I do the normal startup and restart, it still hangs on the Welcome screen. Pls help~
The clean boot suggestion is useless considering it tells you you need to start at the start menu and the computer isn't even making it that far to begin with. Great help.
Ceedgevelayo Posts 4 Registration date Saturday December 28, 2013 Status Member Last seen December 28, 2013
Dec 28, 2013 at 08:49 PM
Hello I have the same problem, whens tarting it gets to the points where the windows logo is popping up then suddenly a blu screen flashes I cant even read what is written then after that it says windows recovery error, I tried everything started in safe mode, last know good config and normally. I tried to insert my windows cd and repair computer, it just stops with the background with the cursor moving, wuat do I do please help me
Just-a-though
Nov 27, 2014 at 12:16 AM
when booting your computer keep pressing F8 until you get to the advance boot section, will be several options arrow down to "disable automatic reboot upon system crash" (well will say something similar in that nature)