My internet is not working for any of the site except Gmail

Solved/Closed
issunil Posts 2 Registration date Thursday March 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 8, 2013 - Updated on Jan 31, 2019 at 02:59 PM
 junglee - Oct 2, 2016 at 01:38 AM
Hello,

I am facing internet web page connecting issues. Not even a Google search page loads in the browser. Only Gmail will be opened.

I am not able to use any other site than Gmail in my PC.

Please resolve this issue as soon as possible!

7 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Updated on Jan 31, 2019 at 03:01 PM
Hi Sunil,

It seems the browsers are taking too long to load a page. As you mentioned you use "Google Chrome" with other browsers, I am suggesting here some fixes that work for "Google Chrome" web browser. If this works, corresponding changes to other browsers will be made.

If Google Chrome seems to take a long time to load a website or search, it may be configured to access pages through a web proxy. Check whether the "Resolving proxy" message appears in the lower-left corner of the browser window.
Follow these steps to change your proxy setting (for Windows):

1. Press the keys Alt + E, S to open Settings for Google Chrome.
2. Click Show advanced settings.
3. Click Change Proxy Settings.
4. Click LAN Settings.
5. Deselect the Automatically detect settings checkbox.

Do reply with results!

Thanks it is working now
somename Posts 3 Registration date Thursday April 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2016
Apr 14, 2016 at 08:27 PM
I have a similar problem. Got a brand new Lenovo laptop a few weeks ago. Has factory installed Windows 10. Setup fine, could get to any webpage on Edge, IE or Chrome.

Then a few days later the only website I can get to on ANY browser is gmail.com on Chrome. Cannot get to facebook.com. microsoft.com or ANY other website. Edge cannot get to gmail.com but Chrome can. It is showing new messages all the time so it is not just showing something from a cache.

After this problem started, I did get a notification that "WiFi Sense" had been (automatically) updated. Nothing has been able to reach the internet since then. Help!
I was facing same problem from couple of days.Thanks it worked
worked