Cannot see folders on External Hard Drive using Windows 8

Closed
knudsenknudhorn Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday March 5, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 5, 2013 - Mar 5, 2013 at 01:16 AM
Reha Andrew Posts 13 Registration date Monday February 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2014 - Mar 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Hello,

My laptop was on blank screen and cant be fixed anymore. Ive had the Hard drive removed and using an enclosure to see my folders on a Windows 8 new PC but I cant find the folders.

Please advise.

Thank you,
Related:

2 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Mar 6, 2013 at 04:02 PM
Hi knudsenknudhorn,

From your post I understand that your computer was not detecting the Hard Drive so you removed the Hard Drive and you are now using an external USB connector to connect your Hard Drive to another PC. However, the PC is not showing the folders in this Hard Drive. To troubleshoot the situation, please ensure the Hard Drive is first detected in this PC (in Windows 8 PC in Device Manager and Disk Management). If the Hard Drive is detected but is not showing the folders only, please try with another PC which has an older Operating System such as Windows XP/Vista/7. If the Hard Drive is detected in the other PC then try to back up the data and then format and use it with your Windows 8 PC and check if it is detected now.

Do reply with results.
Reha Andrew Posts 13 Registration date Monday February 11, 2013 Status Member Last seen April 15, 2014 5
Mar 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
In this case i would suggest you to connect your drive to another computer and there try to get back your all data. After retrieving the data format it. Then again you can connect it to your PC, this time may be your system will detect your drive.