I can't move my mouse and type at the same time (touchpad)

Solved/Closed
Eclipsin Posts 1 Registration date Monday February 18, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 18, 2013 - Updated on Dec 30, 2018 at 05:27 AM
 abhiram - May 30, 2017 at 05:33 AM
Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that runs on Windows 8. I just recently got this laptop and I like to play games on it. Without an external mouse, I can't use the keyboard (except for the buttons Shift, CTRL, FN, and ALT) while moving my touchpad. I've looked a few other threads but none of them seem to have an answer for Toshiba Satellites.

Thanks.

2 responses

Hi,

I fixed this problem. I have Windows 8. Follow these steps and you should be able to fix this:
  • Press Windows button and you should see that weird purple (or any) color screen that has all games and stuff
  • Type mouse without touching or pressing anything on that screen, now should say no apps match your search.
  • Now on your right hand side, you should see Apps tab high-lighted, directly beneath it is Settings. Click on it.
  • And look for Mouse tag with a mouse picture on it. Click on it (usually 1st tag in row 2)
  • Now Mouse settings window should pop up. Now, click on the last Device Settings.
  • Now You should see the name of your touch/track pad, and underneath should be some buttons.
  • Click on Settings. A new window will pop up giving you the instructions of your mouse track pad.
  • You can watch all that if you want to learn new stuff about your mouse touch pad but for this tutorial click on the little arrow on the right side of the sub-heading 'Pointing'.
  • Now double-click on palm check and set the sensitivity to 0 (or minimal).
  • Apply Settings and Enjoy Your Games

Hope, it will work!
Thank you so much
Thank you.
Thanks a bunch
this actually works everyone do it
thank you so much I have a Toshiba Satellite 850 and I couldn't understand how to do that.
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Hi Eclipsin,

Users of laptop had been facing some issues in the past accidentally the palm of their hand brushing the touchpad, changing the position of the cursor in their document or accidentally clicking on an option. To avoid such issues some background applications are used to avoid using the touchpad and the keyboard together. Kindly check with Toshiba Support if there is any such applications running in the background. Also check the User's Manual of the Laptop.

There is a fix available if the touchpad is manually disabled, please check the below mentioned link:

https://ccm.net/faq/14438-toshiba-satellite-cursor-is-not-responding

Do reply with results.