Extracting Music From Video Using VLC

Closed
smillybiff Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday February 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 12, 2013 - Feb 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 - Feb 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Hello,

Using this site I found a way to extract music from video (almost) in the explanation it first says to go into the media drop down of VLC and select advanced open file. Supposedly i can choose the video to extract sound from. This is where the problems lies. I dont have media in the drop down. I have File in the drop down which gives me advanced open file but doesnt let me go any further with extraction.

If im being a biff i appolgise but some pointers or other options would be greatly received

Cheers All

Related:

1 response

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Feb 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Hi,

I am using "VLC media player 2.0.4 Twoflower", you can download the same from the below mentioned link:

https://ccm.net/downloads/video/4557-vlc-media-player/

In this version of VLC media player, the options look a little different. "Media" menu button is at the top left of the player interface and we have "Open (Advanced)..." instead of "Advance Open File...".

Try installing this version of VLC media player and see if it gives you results.

Do reply with results.