My c drive free space keeps going down

Solved/Closed
sarah rock & roll Posts 22 Registration date Wednesday January 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2013 - Jan 30, 2013 at 01:03 PM
sarah rock & roll Posts 22 Registration date Wednesday January 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2013 - Feb 10, 2013 at 01:58 AM
Hello,

please i need help :(

my c drive size keeps going down fast
even without downloading or putting anything on the drive
i think it a virus
+
i checked and it is not because i have restore point

so it nothing on the drive i think it a virus
please i need every help i can get :(

Related:

25 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Feb 5, 2013 at 04:13 PM
Sony Vegas is both a crack and virused.

Remove the above, upload another log. we will take care of the rest later.

Regards

P.S. Most cracks come with a virus and that's how most viruses are transmitted by those who wish to contaminate other people's machines. Peer to peer softwares (torrents) are hyjackers' nest)
sarah rock & roll Posts 22 Registration date Wednesday January 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 at 04:57 PM
ok , so here is the report :)

https://authentification.site/psmGc/ZHPDiag.txt

i deleted all the cracks and sony vegas

+
but one more question is anything from torrent is avirus or only cracks
thanks alot
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Feb 5, 2013 at 05:15 PM
Thanks

I will try to analyse the results today but I can't promiss anything, it's 17:07 here.

The only thing that I found somewhat safe on Torrents are MP3 if the source is ISO. Most programmes and applications (cracked or not) are extremely risky. Yet, if you keep a peer to peer application open, you expose yourself to pirates. One needs the best performing antivirus software and firewall. If I'm correct, you have Avast and I would say that your system is vulnerable to attacks. There are plenty of mean people out there just thinking of inventing a new way to infect, just as a challenge. They have nothing else better to do.

Catch you later
Feb 5, 2013 at 05:27 PM
Okay, here we go. (Your English is very good, what are you doing in Egypt ?)

I may send you several messages so as to not confuse you in the scrolling.

You have a rogue virus Trojan Horse which is self protective, thus it will prevent any antivirus from fonctionning.

You must kill the evil processes which the virus is presently running amd preventing you from running any antivirus. If you don't it will keep reproducing the files for ever.

To kill the processes:

1. Download to your desktop and run Rogue Kill:

https://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com

2. You should now see a window that shows all of your desktop icons, including the rkill.com program.

3. Double-click on the rkill.com in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with the Rogue programs. Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step.

If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by the Horse when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate the processes . So, please try running Rkill until malware is no longer running.

As a matter of a fact, if you get messages, it is a sign that the virus is agonizing with excrutiating pain, so you can just grin while it is suffering!:)))

Please, DO NOT REBOOT your computer or the processes will come back to haunt you!

See my next message...
sarah rock & roll Posts 22 Registration date Wednesday January 30, 2013 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2013
Feb 5, 2013 at 08:03 PM
OK
First iam sooo flattered that u liked my English :)
two thank u soo much for all your help to me really thanks u soo much :)

===

so with run Rogue Kill i downloaded and run it a black screen appeared and then told then me that my computer is safe ,, that is what u told me to do right ?

then used ZHP fix
and here is the report

www.speedyshare.com/vxMRB/ZHP-FIX-report.txt

2 - i restarted my computer in order to run safe mode and run Malwarebyte scan

that is the report

https://authentification.site/XSkVs/mbam-log-2013-02-06-02-13-02.txt

3 - then i scanned with ZHP but i didn't paste in the other ZHP
and here is the report

https://authentification.site/Kmerw/ZHPDiag.txt

thanks again :)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Feb 7, 2013 at 05:02 AM
i didn't buy it
it was installed on the laptop when i bought it , it is HP