Ask a question Report

No Audio Output Device Is Installed [Solved/Closed]

thedemon99 5Posts Sunday January 27, 2013Registration date March 19, 2014Last seen - Latest answer on Jun 26, 2013 08:06AM
Hello,
I upgraded from windows xp to 7 professional everything is fine except no sound.
On bottom right corner there is speaker with a x in red circle.
In device manager "Multimedia audio controller" and "High Definition Audio Controller" Show a n error...Please help
My mother board is Gigabyte GCM-s2l
Read more 
Answer
+13
moins plus
Hi,

It is most likely that the Audio Drivers are not up to date that is why you are getting that error message. Please reply with the Device Instance ID of the Audio Card so that I can suggest you the updated Drivers. To get the Device Instance ID:

1. Right click the Computer icon on the Desktop.
2. Select Manage.
3. Select Device Manager under Computer Management from the left pane.
4. Then expand the device such as "Sound, video and game controllers" from right pane.
5. Right click the Device listed.
6. Click Properties.
7. Go to the Details tab, and then select Device Instance Id from the drop down list.
8. Make a note of this Device Instance ID.

Please do write back to us.

Answer
+3
moins plus
Hi,

From the Device ID Path (PCI\VEN_125D&DEV_1969&SUBSYS_EBADB67D&REV_00\4&A314B16&0&08F0), it looks like it is "C-Media PCI Audio Device". Check the below mentioned link for updated drivers. Try installing it and see if the issue is fixed:

http://download.cnet.com/C-Media-PCI-Audio-Device/3000-2110_4-150926.html

Do reply with results.

Answer
+3
moins plus
Hi Moru,

Please follow the below mentioned steps and uninstall the Audio Device from the Device Manger and then restart the computer:

1. Right click the Computer icon on the Desktop.
2. Select Manage.
3. Select Device Manager under Computer Management from the left pane.
4. Then expand the device "Sound, video and game controllers" from right pane.
5. Right click the Device listed.
6. Click "Uninstall".

The above steps will load the default Windows Drivers for the sound card (if Windows Operating System supports you Sound Card). If the issue is still not fixed, do reply with the exact text of the failure you receive during installation, the version of Windows Operating System in your computer and the name of the device(s) listed under "Sound, video and game controllers" in Device Manager.

Please do write back to us.

Oshi- Jun 21, 2013 05:16PM
You Are The Best, totally Fixed :D, Thanks a lot much respect
Answer
+1
moins plus
I have this HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_4397&SUBSYS_18490397&REV_1000\4&39F51995&0&0001
what should i do?

Answer
+1
moins plus
Hi Moru,

With this Device Instance ID: 4&39F51995&0&0001, I have identified that your computer has "Conexant High Definition Audio-Venice 5045". Please download the drivers from the below mentioned link:

http://download.cnet.com/Conexant-High-Definition-Audio-Venice-5045/3000-2110_4-186857.html

Do reply with results.

Moru- Apr 9, 2013 01:23AM
Na that doesn't work either and it says failure when I run the installtion.
Answer
+0
moins plus
There is no device instance id in the list
there is a device instance path though
For High Definition Audio Controller - "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_A0001458&REV_01\3&13C0B0C5&0&D8"
For Multimedia Audio Controller
"PCI\VEN_125D&DEV_1969&SUBSYS_EBADB67D&REV_00\4&A314B16&0&08F0"

Answer
+0
moins plus
Zohaib bhai i found a solution from an earlier solved thread..Thanks anyway for helping...
What i did was download a free software drivermax and installed a couple of audio related drivers and my sound was back...

Answer
+0
moins plus
MY sound is back the driver that you are suggesting i think i already instaled it via driver max thanks for all your help you may now close this thread..

Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi,

could you help me with this

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_18490397&REV_1000\4&70A2EED&0&0001

thank you.

Moru- Jun 25, 2013 09:36PM
Hello Brian,

I have tried to install it from the Device Manager and tried to install it but it says you have drivers already installed and tried many other things but didn't fix so What I have done is, take the Motherboard model number and went to official website and installed it and worked so check the model number and download & install it. See if that works. :)
Answer
+0
moins plus
Hi Brian,

This is Device Instance ID for "VIA High Definition Audio", refer to the manufacturer's website or you can download the drivers from VIA Website. Click here to access "VIA Drivers and Support" page.

This document entitled « No Audio Output Device Is Installed » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.