My laptop keyboard is typing more than one key command!!!

Solved/Closed
iDante Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2013 - Jan 25, 2013 at 01:12 AM
 Miller - Jul 23, 2015 at 02:18 AM
Hello,
I am having 'problems with the keys on my Acer Aspire laptop. Everytime I type certain keys, other keyboard functions become active:

- = -$ q = zq
t = vt u = bu
p = 'p (right arrow) =] and right arrow
(Space) = j and space; a , followed by a j as well (Delete) = 3 and delete

It's very irritating and, is, the very first, time that, i've, had, to, deal, with, something, like, this...., help, :(

4 responses

hairry potter Posts 2 Registration date Monday May 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 27, 2013
May 27, 2013 at 06:07 PM
i have a laptop toshiba satellite and my keyboard when typing the cursor with move backwards and types over what you typed already and windows and it will move to the point that it will open firefox or other programs this is frustrating. its been going on for a long time. but some tmes it is worst than other. lately it seems to be getting worst. while typing this it did it. I was typing and cursor moved way up to almost the begging. HELP!!! thanks in advance. p.s. I hope I am in the right place / forum. I am new at this.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 25, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Can you test with an external USB keyboard?

This has all the signs of a broken keyboard.
iDante Posts 2 Registration date Friday January 25, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 25, 2013
Jan 25, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Tried it and the external keyboard worked just fine. I talked to some friends and they all told me that I have to clean my keyboard. O.o my keyboard looked fine until I took out the keys. It's working fine now, but I still don't get what that has to do with the functioning of the keyboard.
thank you! I had the same problem.... but now its fine!
I have these exact problem with the exact duplicates on my Acer Aspire E15. How did you take out the keys
hairry potter Posts 2 Registration date Monday May 27, 2013 Status Member Last seen May 27, 2013
May 27, 2013 at 06:21 PM
this is hairry potter I typed my name wrong, but the point I am typing again is I didn't mention I tried several things, like the enhance point mouse thing that didn't work and I added two softwares, 1-alps something or other, 2-freeze something? HELP!! thanks