My Acer laptop shut downs whenever the power chord is unplugged

Closed
Urs1sam Posts 3 Registration date Monday January 7, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 9, 2013 - Updated on Jan 28, 2019 at 07:21 AM
 Brandon - Dec 8, 2016 at 05:20 PM
Hi,

I have got a problem with my Acer laptop. Since last two months, whenever the light goes out or the power chord is unplugged, the laptop shuts down. It's giving me a hard time. I can't work without light. I need electricity to turn on my laptop and sometimes after work, while the adapter is plugged in, it shutdowns.

Please suggest a solution!
Related:

5 responses

Zohaib R Posts 2368 Registration date Sunday September 23, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 13, 2018 69
Updated on Jan 28, 2019 at 07:52 AM
Hi Urs1sam,

After reading the symptoms you have mentioned, it seems to me the problem is either with the AC adapter or the battery. Try the below mentioned generic steps and check if this helps:
  • Disconnect all peripherals and confirm if the system is working fine with AC Adapter only.
  • Remove AC adapter, Battery and press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to drain flea power. Put the battery and AC adapter back and check if it works normally. If not follow next step.
  • Check the AC Adapter status in the BIOS. If AC Adapter status shows Unknown / Not Detected try another AC adapter.
  • Try charging the battery with the notebook turned off.
  • Try doing BIOS Update (NOTE: Plug your computer to a good, working UPS before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard)
  • Try swapping with a known good battery (If available). If known good battery works, Replace faulty battery.
  • For battery performance issues, Run MS Fix - It. You can find the MS Fix - It from the below mentioned link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2970908/how-to-use-microsoft-easy-fix-solutions

For details on the above-mentioned steps please reply with the System Model Number of your Acer Laptop.

Please do write back to us!

Strayt_flexxin
Aug 24, 2015 at 03:24 PM
You are a genius. It worked perfectly on my acer aspire E1 572