No sound on tv through HDMI

Closed
ScottyMac Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 25, 2012 Status Member Last seen December 25, 2012 - Dec 25, 2012 at 09:11 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Hello,
OK thanks for stopping by. I have my tv plugged into my laptop through an HDMI cable. when I first did this I had sound and know I don't. OK so i might have clicked on something down in the sound area right before I lost the sound but for the life of me I cant find whatever it was that I clicked and know still no sound. My laptop is new and Its running windows 8 (witch I hate) and everything on this site for my problem seems to be windows 7 based. any help getting my sound back would be massively appreciated... Thanks again

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Dec 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM
You need to check that the audio processor on the Video card is enabled. To get sound from the HDMI port you need this option.

Right-click the volume control icon on the bottom taskbar and click on "Playback Devices" to open the pop-up window for sound options. In the "Playback" tab, select "Digital Output Device" or "HDMI" as the default device, click "Set Default" and click "OK" to save the changes. This method works with a straight HDMI-to-HDMI connection;

Read more: How to Get the Sound to Come Out of Your TV Using a Laptop With an HDMI Cable | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5840128_sound-using-laptop-hdmi-cable.html#ixzz1kgVwYG4B