Ask a question Report

Theres something wrng with my sound device(s) [Closed]

Dave - Latest answer on Aug 27, 2010 03:02AM
Hello, my computer stopped allowing me to play audio files on Windows Media Player and itunes. The following message was displayed on itunes: itunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. audio/video playback may not operate properly. Also the following message was displayed on WMP: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly.
Can someone please help this is really fustrating
System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
Read more 
Answer
+16
moins plus
how do you get to your audio device manager??

Answer
+15
moins plus
I went to my audio device manager and notice that there wasn't any device listed. I chose my sound card and closed itunes. I then opened it up and it worked! Try that first!

Answer
+4
moins plus
try uninstalling, then reinstalling your sound card, check the sound and device manager too

Answer
+3
moins plus
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.
how do i solve this problem?

Answer
+2
moins plus
Hello,

First try System Restore to the latest point where ur sound card was working nice. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/support/sysrestore.mspx

If it doesn't match u'll have to re-install ur sound card.

This document entitled « Theres something wrng with my sound device(s) » from Kioskea (en.kioskea.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.