Need help with Ultimate Boot CD

Closed
Jennuwhyne Posts 3 Registration date Friday November 9, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2012 - Nov 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Jennuwhyne Posts 3 Registration date Friday November 9, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2012 - Nov 9, 2012 at 03:25 PM
Hello,

I downloaded the Ultimate Boot Cd because my computer will not boot. It uses Windows Vista. Originally computer locked up during system restore and now will not boot up. After I have downloaded the boot cd, what do I do? Do I have to do anything before copying the files to cd?

Related:

3 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 9, 2012 at 02:21 PM
If you downloaded an .iso file then you need to burn a CD with a program like Nero that can use the iso file as input.
Jennuwhyne Posts 3 Registration date Friday November 9, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 at 02:40 PM
I did burn it to a cd but I am not familiar with what I need to do with what's on the cd to get Vista to boot back up. It does boot to the disk but there are so many things you can do, I didn't know where to start. Overwhelmed!!
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Nov 9, 2012 at 03:05 PM
Sorry. But, there are a million things that can go wrong when you fail to restore the computer to its factory state. The factory restore (if that's what you did) just copies an image of the hard disk back to the disk. When it fails you are missing whole tracks of information. The Ultimate Boot Cd programs probably can't begin to fix your problems. If your original problems where hardware related that further compounds the problems.

About the only DIY fix is to buy a copy of Windows 7 and install that OS. If you have intermittent hardware problems then you might need to replace the computer or have a qualified Tech look at it.

Good Luck
Jennuwhyne Posts 3 Registration date Friday November 9, 2012 Status Member Last seen November 9, 2012
Nov 9, 2012 at 03:25 PM
Thanks for the info. I was rolling computer back to an earlier restore point because my printer all of the sudden quit working and I was thinking it may have been due to updates or something. Thought if I restored to earlier point, it may work again. Turns out it was the printer cable. Now I'm kicking myself because I have messed up my computer because of that. I have Windows XP disk and I may have to install that OS.